F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

I've had my bike a few months now and I just got some HIDs out of a 350z and put them in last weekend and I was taking off all my fairings and taking the headlights out I noticed there are 2 (maybe too large to call them nipples) that are on the intake pipes in the front. Apparnetly the previous owner of my bike blocked these off, is there any reason for that? also my second question is the little rubber grommet with the threads on the inside the goes in the holes in the gas tank that holds the black shroud between the fairings and gas tank on. I'm missing one of those and the bolt, is there anywhere I can get another?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Default RE: A few questions

Try Babbittsonline.com They have diagrams with measurments so even if you dont get it from them you know teh part exactly.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure what you're saying about blocking off the 2??

there are little resonator boxes that are located just below the intake tubes...he may have removed those and blocked them off.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:43 PM

they areon topthe intake tubes, and there are no boxes, maybe they were cut off. When I take it off again to put the other xenon in the highbeam I'll inspect it to see if it has been cut and maybe take a picture, thanks for the website.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM

No prob

Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 PM

I checked out the website and it didnt show it I dont think, the grommet I want goes in where I made the red circle. I'll take a picture tonight if you still dont know what I mean. Its just frustrating because that little black piece isnt very secure since it doesnt have that screw that goes to the gas tank. It looks like in might be #21?

Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM

oh that piece...yea the air duct cover bolt goes on there. it's a gromet with metal threaded sleeve in it. i would just try and find something comparable from hardware or auto store rather than OEM which will cost comparably more.

i think your ram air tubes (the plastic section not the rubber section) may have been cut to remove the resonators...the bike just makes more noise this way that's all.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM

well if I order something sometime I could just add it on for a few bucks, it would be hard to find something that fits in such a small hole, or else i would put a nut in a small grommet or something, but I dont think I can even find a grommet that small, does 21 look right? maybe someone parting out a bike will be willing to part with it, haha.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM

no...21 isn't right...those are rubber pads that the tank sits on. it's pretty much the same gromets are your fairing bolts go into...where the side fairings meet the front cowl, or the ones inside your V-fairing.

If you want to wait a few days, i can check to see if i have one laying around when i get home.I'll be home tomorrow evening, look for it and then send it out to you Friday if i have it...contingent upon..

1.it's the samegromets that i've described (i'm 90% sure...you can check to see ifis on your bike)
2. ihave the part
2. you're not a feak, psycho, squid, punk or Ethug...hahhah...

t

Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM

haha, Ethug?

Quick Reply: A few questions