F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

few problems with my bike 2001 cbr 600f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few problems with my bike 2001 cbr 600f4i

ok first problem is i blew the clutch well a friend did ouch lol got new parts put everything in now i have to tighten them 5 bolts with springs that hold the clutch together ok well i tighten them all real tight and the shop up the street told me a half a turn in and now friends are telling me half a turn out but when i release the clutch while driven i get this clicking from the clutch case i cant feel it hit but its there lol and it does it every gear only when letting out the clutch on shifting and than when i let off the throttle soon as i get back on it the noise would go away would that be because my clutch is to tight and i need to turn it out a half to quarter turn yeah thats about my only problem right now oh and i need the rear seat if anyones got a cheap one for sale oh and how do i raise my rear shock is there a special name of a tool for that so i can go out and buy it and sorry my spelling and grammar hope that kinda explains what my problem is

Old 06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're talking about the bolts holding the pressure plate, pimp slap your friends and the mechanics.

Manual says to hand tighten in a crisscross pattern a couple times, then toque to 9 lbf*ft

Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM

lol thank you i dont have a togue bar cant i just kinda guess lol and would that take that noise out

Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM

Bleah... meant torque wrench

Given how little torque the manual says to apply, it's possible you could have overtightened things

Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM

if you dont have one, you shouldnt be doing work like that... Too much torque will make bad things happen, too little will loosen up bolts and make bad stuff happen..buy one! harbor freight theyre like $15... better than a new engine

Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 PM

yeah i got one commen tomorrow and i do have some but there the old style with the rods and and i dont think the go 9 pounds but yeah buddy bringing me his tomorrow so ill be ok i guess

so if i understand this right hand tighen them all than use the torque wrench and go 9 pounds on each one

Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM

I've worked an many things in the past and never had a torque wrench; everything worked out. Now I have a torque wrench and use it but I think you can get by without one if need be. However, this also relies heavily on mechanical knowledge.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 PM

I have a torque wrench. I don't use it on every task either, like tightening the mount bolt for the rear brake fluid reservoir.

I've never dug into the clutch on anything before. But given what I do know about them, I imagine some pieces in it are not supposed to be cranked down as tight as possible. Could be something was under or over tightened and is causing the noise.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 PM

And thats where the mechanical knowledge comes in because it is important to realizes limits of certain parts; like spark plugs.

I'm not doubting the possibility that he overtightened it.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 PM

Hey don't look at me. I grab the manual and follow it to the letter the first time I do anything. I's no mechanical dude butz I's reads real excellent

Quick Reply: few problems with my bike 2001 cbr 600f4i