F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fender Eliminator VS. Undertail

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Eliminator VS. Undertail

Hey, I'm looking at a CW FE or a Eurobike undertail (essentially stock look, just more plastic underneath). And I plan on installing a CA integrated tail light regardless of which option I choose. Is one better over the other? They're both equally priced, so price isn't an issue. It seems like most people have the FE over an undertail...but I'm not sure what the advantages/disadvantages of each one are.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Fender Eliminator VS. Undertail

links to pics of these undertails would be awesome...a fender eleminator gets rid of that crappy blinkers and license plate holder, while a undertail replaces the whole underpeice of the undertail(including the stock licenseplate holder and blinkers) which you can then add a fender eliminator to...but if your undertail has license mounts and blinkers installed already, the no need for a fender eliminator...

Old 07-13-2006, 04:21 PM

Well I know that both allow you to remove the ridiculously bulky stock fender, just wondering if one is a better or a cleaner install over the other or what not. Here are pics of the two I'm looking at :

Eurobike undertail - this comes with a license plate bracket for an extra $5 :

Name:  EurobikeUndertail.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  18.0 KB

CW FE:

Name:  CW1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  11.9 KB
Name:  CW2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  5.9 KB

Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Completly up to you how you want your bike to look, it def looks cleaner if the blinkers are built into the undertail, but some states require you to have yourblinkers visible from 500 feet and alot of undertails arent that good..

Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM

The LED lights in the undertails make the undertail not "street legal". They all have some sort of "track use only" disclaimer.

Fender Eliminators usually are about $100 cheaper than the painted undertails. So, it would seem like one of the two you are looking at is over priced.

But, if money isn't a problem, then I would suggest an undertail. They look very sleek and MotoGP-ish. The painted undertail makes the tail end so clean.

I switched up how the undertail is wired by making the brake lights only brake lights and not running lights also. It was too hard to differentiate when the brakes were on. I installed lights on either side of my license plate that work as running lights.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:23 PM

Well like I said, I'll be installing my own CA tail light, and the undertail I posted doesn't have any lights coming with it, just the plastic part. I can't decide what'd be cleaner, plastic or bracket [:@]

Old 07-13-2006, 06:55 PM

I'm gonna get the CW one for my 06 f4i. I live in a horrible town I've been arrested twice for not paying parking tickets. Yea the cops by me blow and I need blinkers in Wisconsin so I don't feel like being harrassed.

Mike

Old 07-13-2006, 08:26 PM

I have a Minus One fender elminator on my 01 F4i. The price difference was a pretty big thing to me, but like someone said, if money isn't an option you can do whatever you want. One thing to consider. With the FE i bought, it takes away about half of the stock plastic under the whole rear section. There is still a decent amount of the stock black plastic under the seats. With a full painted plastic undertail, I would worry about rocks and stuff coming off the tire and chipping it. But if you have a hugger that wouldn't be as big of a deal. Just my two cents, but probably not worth that.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 PM

I am leaning towards the hotbodies undertail.. think it looks sweet as sweet

Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 AM

I am pretty much going for the same look as you.. I ordered an intergrated tail light for my bike.. my cuzin has it on his RR and i find its alot easier to see signals then those 2 lil gunport signals on some of the undertails. I just need to find an undertail now that will go around the stock tail light. The LEDs are super bright and u can see it from so far back at night again better then the LED undertails

Quick Reply: Fender Eliminator VS. Undertail