F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fender eliminator help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fender eliminator help

I am interested in the competition werks eliminator, but does removing the fender open up the whole underside of the tail?

Old 09-03-2006, 11:44 AM

I just want to get rid of the mudflap and keep my stock taillight. I'm not sure i like the looks of the 2 cicle lights. imho to me it makes me think cheap or ufo

Old 09-03-2006, 12:30 PM

I went with a Pimpbike undertail. It took a lot of prep work, but came out great.

Cleans everything up, but still uses the stock taillight.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:51 PM

when you say "alot of prep work" what was involved? was it a pita?

Old 09-03-2006, 08:30 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: stephygee

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

I bought that one off Ebay and put it on my bike. First off, the picture is not how it will look after you're done unless you have an existing fender eliminator kit. It's basically just a bracket to mount your license plate to.

It took me a good four hours and a lot of elbow grease to mount this thing. First, I took a hacksack to that mud flap on the back. Since I wanted to keep my trunk, I cut just below the keyhole. I then had to drill two holes in my trunk to mount the bracket under the tail, and then had to hacksaw a piece off the mounting bracket so it could slide around the trunk lock mechanism.

After all that, I filed the edges of the remainder of the mudflap to give it a clean look. I'll post pics tomorrow after I take photos in daylight. I usually document my mods with photos, but it was so time consuming and frustrating, I just wanted to get it over with. No pics of the actual job...just the callouses on my hands to prove it.

I think I'd have done better by going to Home Depot and buying a bracket; it's about the same quality. Oh...the bracket does not come with installation instructions, so I had to wing it, but fortunately everthing turned out okay.

If you decide to go with a full undertail kit, make sure you get an ABS plastic one. Over time, the fiberglass version starts to crack, and unlike plastic, it's not as flexible and durable.

Pics posted 9/3/06:

Yeah, all you ended up with was a new mount for you blinkers? You still have the two holes that the stock lights came off of. Why not just do what Blackdog said and mount it to the flap like i did. I used my stock holes for my blinkers and still have my trunk...Also, do you have a tag light?
Name:  CIMG1242.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  CIMG1248.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  8.5 KB

Old 09-03-2006, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

when you say "alot of prep work" what was involved? was it a pita?
Grinding to make the taillight fit the opening. Lots of sanding. Two clip holes are so far off that the clips will pop out as soon as you sit on the bike (and no my *** is not that fat). I ended up just usine two of the four holes and just sticking clips in the other two. It looks fine, but whoever dropped that mold sucks ***.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: Fly5150

Yeah, all you ended up with was a new mount for you blinkers? You still have the two holes that the stock lights came off of. Why not just do what Blackdog said and mount it to the flap like i did. I used my stock holes for my blinkers and still have my trunk...Also, do you have a tag light?
Yeah, I wasn't too keen about the extra light holes and thought of putting black mirror covers over it. I've those on order. It'll have to do until my ABS plastic undertail kit is ready. I figure by the time the kit gets here, and I put it in the shop for painting/mural to match the rest of the bike, my bracket setup won't really matter. I just had to get rid of that flap...it was killing me

I moved my lights from the stock position closer to the license plate because no, I don't have a tag light. Between my blinkers and taillight, illuminating my license plate is good. I've passed the LAPD test (haven't been pulled over yet).

Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: stephygee

ORIGINAL: Fly5150

Yeah, I wasn't too keen about the extra light holes and thought of putting black mirror covers over it. I've those on order. It'll have to do until my ABS plastic undertail kit is ready. I figure by the time the kit gets here, and I put it in the shop for painting/mural to match the rest of the bike, my bracket setup won't really matter. I just had to get rid of that flap...it was killing me

I moved my lights from the stock position closer to the license plate because no, I don't have a tag light. Between my blinkers and taillight, illuminating my license plate is good. I've passed the LAPD test (haven't been pulled over yet).

I passed the LAPD test, but they said I was lying after I took the polygraph...Same info, passed the LBPD polygraph just fine....[:@]

Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 AM

Does the competition werkes eliminator leave it where there is nothing between the bottom of the seat and the tire? Also, how hard is it to install this thing?

Old 09-05-2006, 10:10 AM

No, the plastic "undertray" is still there.

Quick Reply: Fender eliminator help