F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4I Yoshi RS-3 full system, worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4I Yoshi RS-3 full system, worth it ?

Hey, in my earlier post I showed how someone waisted an exhaust system + the fender on brand new bike by rearending it. The OEM pipe is nice and quiet for comfortable long ride but it's too long and it's sticking behind the bike. I think we'll go with a RS-3 goddamit ! It's short, loud , keep these jokers awake and keep'em back! I think should there be another OEM pipe on , it's an accident waiting to happen again. No more. Not worth the injury !

Should I get the SLIP ON or the full system ? I have the rs-3 full sys on my ' 94 zx6e Ninja.( California edition )I bought it with the system already installed, so I can't tell a difference. It's awesome, that I know. The Kawasaki has lots of more kick to it then the f4i, but I wish the I could improve the F4i and make it just as quick and responsive as my Ninja. First of all the F4i has around 300 mile on it. I'm sure that's a factor giving it a lower power oposite to a broken it bike.
Secondly it has a stock exhaust.

Questions: By adding a full RS-3 sys or a slip on will I add some low and mid range power (that's where I feel there's a bit of lack of power, I don't max out my bike so high end is not that important for me).
SLIP ON vs. the Fullsystem ? What I heard the slipon give up 2hp + vs the full around 3-4 . But is it only at max RPMs or throughtout the entire powerband . Better torque too ??
And What else could I do to the F4i to make it more jumpy ? K&N air filter ? Dyno jet ? I want to take advantage of all the great things about the F4i but make it a bit quicker and more Responsive in lower and mid range.

All feedback GREATLY appreciated .

Philnyc

Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Default RE: F4I Yoshi RS-3 full system, worth it ?

I don't think the slipon will add 2 hp. It may take 2 hp away and make it sound really really cool, lol jk jk.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:52 PM

I've seen several dyno charts showing the Yoshimura TRS slip on vs stock and it gives another 4hp or so all through the rev range. I know what it's like when people say they've seen stuff 'somewhere' but they seemed to be reputable and independent sources (online bike magazine articles).

From what i've heard (and my opinion), full systems don't really give you much power...but they're good at wringing out every last hp if you want to get a customized tune (ie PC3 or other fuel mapping system) or plan on racing. But for the $800-1200 you'll spend you won't see much difference on a stock bike. I'd just go with the slip-on to get the sound and yes, it might free up a couple of hp, but exhaust alone isn't going to get you any significant hp gains. You'd be better off spending that some money elsewhere and get more power.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:06 PM

If all you're really after is making your jumpy, you should look into a sprocket change, -1 on front and +2 in rear is a popular and do able change. Along with maybe a 520 chain conversion. Changing sprockets is a lot cheaper to get your bike to accelerate faster for cheaper. You'll sacrifice some top end though, but I doubt you really cruise at like 100 or 140+ very often.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:46 PM

i put a Yosh TRS slip on my bike and noticed a little more power throughout the power band. It is a lot snappier. i would have to agree with slip _ and do the -1 +2 sprocket change with the 520 conversion. if your kawi has stock gearing the f4i will deffinately smoke it with the sprocket change.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:17 PM

I second that. For the money, changing sprockets is one of the best ways to improve your performance.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:57 PM

I've got the TRS full exhaust, PC III, and a K & N. It still doesn't feel like enoughlow-end torque to me. Don't get me wrong, it's a quick bike but I wouldn'twaste themoney.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 AM

F4itanner, my face litup after reading your post. After all it's a new, fuel injected bike , The F4i that is.It should be a rocket. The Ninja is 13 years old !!! carbs and all, a lot more bulkier and heavier then the F4i. But I gotta admit it powerful throughout the entire powerband. I was kinda disappointed. I'm gonna waite until this bike it fully broken in , has an exchanged exhaust and then compare the two again. I HOPE THE F4I is taking a defenite lead this time.I was thinking for the kawasaki, it was all better due to the Yoshi RS-3 ??? And yeah, it has stock replacement sprockets.
Were your brand new bikes less powerful in the low-mid power range ,what couldn't be noticed after they were fully broken in ?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 AM

PHIL,

i used to have a 1993 kawasaki ZX6d (same as e except ram air came out that next year in the E.) and i have to say the ZX6 seemed to pull harder at lower ends, but i think what it is is that your not used to the smoothness of the Fuel Injection, andits more linear power, your going fast in a hurry and just dont notice it due to the smoothness. that being said...dollar for dollar, id get a slip on, and change your sprockets. then itll blow the ninja away easily.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Xchange sprockets -- "Check "
Yoshi RS-3 slipon or full sys. --- "Check"
PowerCommander --- ???
K&N Filter --- ???