F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i. Wiring problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, you're really testing my memory now. I guess when I put my bike up for the winter I forgot all these things. It goes something like this.

Under the seat, near the ecu, there is a black plug that has two wires and shouldn't be plugged into anything. With the key on but kill switch off jump these two wires using a paper clip or small piece of wire.

This is the part I'm foggy on...

Turn the kill switch to on and then pull the paper clip out. The FI light should blink 20 times then stop, turn the kill switch off and then on again and the code should be cleared.

I'll verify this procedure in my manual when I get home and correct it if it's wrong.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to http://www.stephygee.com and download the manual.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM

I got the owners manual from the link, but it doesn't cover how to repair anything. I tried to get a repair manual from there and it was made in like 1988. Lol. I'll try again though when I get home from work. I might have downloaded the wrong file.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM

owners manual wont cover any of it. There are several manuals on that site, you must of grabbed the wrong one.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 PM

I think I made some good progress. Found out I'm not getting any vacuum at an idle (is that normal?)

And I also hooked a vacuum pump straight to the map and I pulled a little pressure from it and the F1 light turned off.

So my problem is vacuum correct? Should i just replace all 5 hoses when i get the time?

Do i need to remove the air box or can i just replace the hoses with it on? I think i have enough room.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM

make sure your vacuum lines are hooked up right. sounds like the map maybe hooked up to the fpr or something. go to the vac routing diagram and check it all out. Even if you had leaky vac hoses you would have some vacuum.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 AM

Map is hooked to a hose that splits into 4 and goes to each throttle body.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 AM

Sounds like you've definitely got a vacuum leak. Check all five of those hoses and make sure they're not plugged or cracked. It wouldn't hurt to just get a few feet of vacuum line and replace those hoses.

Also, you should have vacuum pressure at idle.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Thanks everyone who has helped me. Ndf4I, you've been really helpful. Thanks. I SHOULD be able to get this vacuum problem sorted out so I can FINALY start riding my new bike. Like I said before, this is my first REAL bike and I am way too anxious to start riding it to school and work.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mista Cy
Map is hooked to a hose that splits into 4 and goes to each throttle body.
Should be a 5 way connector. 2 going left 2 going right and 1 out the back. check that connector and each of those hoses good. That should be your fault area.

Quick Reply: F4i. Wiring problem.