F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4I vs 636

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purpleslug
get a 636 for the power. plus the f4i spring limit on rear is 200lbs front is like 180 lbs so if you really want a bike that can handle your weight alone go with 636 plus it makes way more power then a f4i. on the other hand a F4i is very cheap! around here there about $2500-$3500 the other flaw is the CCT on the f4i.
can you show me where it says the f4i's spring rates are 200lbs rear and 180 front?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 AM

I have a 04 f4i bannana seat, this bike feels alot like my 87 vfr.

I'm 6 2 260 and ride with a passenger once in a while, adjusted the stock suspension

stiffer front and rear and cranked up the dampening, allot of adjustability works great.

I have a solo cowl on most of the time, and I can still stiffen the shocks more if needed.

It's a very comfortable ride and very smooth, More than enough power for two up.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:22 AM

yeah the spring rates on the f4i aren't that low.. i ride two up all the time and i adjusted the spring, and i can't even tell she's behind me half the time.. and he said he was going for comfort, which the f4i is. and i'm 6'2'' 190lbs, and have no problems with it at all. i don't like my friends 636, i really prefer my bike. 2003 f4i all the way.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

my point in the question is that no stock spring set has a rating

they have a max rating (which is neither 200lbs or 180) but none of them are rated for a specific weight
all stock springs are a progressive rated spring......reason being? 2up riding

but i could be completely full of schit

Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM

wow.. keep the 600rr, and get a vfr, or early 90's sport tourer to do your 2up needs... the honda is one of the best bikes youll own!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only want to chime in on one issue:

Originally Posted by Monstrosity
A cruiser (in my eyes) doesn't wheelie...
I guess you have never seen Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man movie:

Clip

Well, even if you have seen the movie, I think you would be better off with an F4i.

My reasoning is, since you mentioned that you commute, that is a plus. Riding with a passenger will be comfortable too. Also, since you have had your series of power bikes, it looks like you aren't too concerned with the extra power (I believe the F4i is powerful enough). Also, the one track day won't be too bad on an F4i when compared to the rest of the year riding you will enjoy the comfort.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM

Some good points were made here... My buddy that works at a stealership told me I should pick up a 1000RR and get a corbin seat with some Heli Bars. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I really appreciate all the help. I'd like to keep the RR and get something more touringish but my gf has proposed a deal that I'll have to think about...

Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by supersnake83
I only want to chime in on one issue:

I guess you have never seen Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man movie:

Clip

Well, even if you have seen the movie, I think you would be better off with an F4i.

My reasoning is, since you mentioned that you commute, that is a plus. Riding with a passenger will be comfortable too. Also, since you have had your series of power bikes, it looks like you aren't too concerned with the extra power (I believe the F4i is powerful enough). Also, the one track day won't be too bad on an F4i when compared to the rest of the year riding you will enjoy the comfort.

Good luck with your decision!
lol, I remember that scene! I've also scene Contraband when they did a show with the Starboyz years back. I must say I was immpressed. However Honda's for the reliability factor remain to be my favorite!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy
my point in the question is that no stock spring set has a rating

they have a max rating (which is neither 200lbs or 180) but none of them are rated for a specific weight
all stock springs are a progressive rated spring......reason being? 2up riding

but i could be completely full of schit
the stock f4i suspension is meant for ~150lb rider. plenty of threads about it on here.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:56 AM

sorry if i didnt explain better about the suspension. if your going to want the bike set up for track riding. im 200lbs and my rear spring rate is maxed out and its exactly where it should be and the stock fronts springs are maxed out and they are still to soft this is all with a full tank.