CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4I vs 636 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-vs-636-a-103180/)

Monstrosity 11-12-2009 09:21 PM

F4I vs 636

I know what your thinking from the title, no I'm not a stunt rider. I do a wheelie from time to time but not an actual stunter. I really like the 636 but really like the F4I. I'm selling a Graffitie RR and going to buy one or the other. I comute to and from work. I plan on doing a track day in the spring. Other than that my gf likes to ride on back. Here are some pro's and con's of each bike in my eyes.

F4I

Pro's: Comfy seating (ridding singe or 2 up, clip ons are comfy as well), endless supply of aftermarket parts, its a honda so its bullit proof.

con's: Dated styling compared to other current bikes, lacks power compared to others, old style forks.

03-04 636

Pro's: Styling a head of its time, nice power, inverted forks, wont need to gear or at most -1 in the front.

Con's: uncomfy (will have to buy LSL Spiegler dirt bike bar kit), its not a Honda, known for transmisson issues, aftermarket world is ok but nothing compared to the Honda.

I cant seem to decide, I've found 2 really clean specimens on each and am having trouble deciding. However I love Honda and always will! I've had GSXR 1000 and other really fast bikes so my ego trip has gone and passed. Any advice?

dwschultzy 11-12-2009 09:25 PM

your post has me a bit confused.....you already have a newer generation 600rr..correct?

why would you get rid of a newer generation 600rr for either a f4i or a 636?

imho both are taking a step backwards.....especially if your planning on going to the track

Monstrosity 11-12-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy (Post 857077)
your post has me a bit confused.....you already have a newer generation 600rr..correct?

why would you get rid of a newer generation 600rr for either a f4i or a 636?

imho both are taking a step backwards.....especially if your planning on going to the track

Yes I do have an 08 600RR. I only do one track day a year. My point is I'm not comfy on the RR but I'm not ready to go to a cruiser. At the same time if I put the bar kit on a 636 it would be equally as comfy. I dont want a sport tour due most are just watered down and a Busa or ZX-14 wouldnt be as much fun to throw around. I get your point on stepping back but to me its not stepping back...

dwschultzy 11-12-2009 09:39 PM

got it

then the f4i would be my choice out of the two

buuuuuut.....if you get the kawi and put bar risers on it....why not just put bar risers on the 600rr?
are they not available for the 600rr?....i ask cuz i have never looked into them for my 600rr....my 600 is a track only bike

NYKnick1015 11-12-2009 09:52 PM

if you have to put money into a bike to be comfy, then i dont thnk its worth it. buy a bike that you can jus get up and go if ur looking for a cruiser.

and plus by the sound of ur post, you already made up ur decision. the 636 has more cons than pros

Monstrosity 11-12-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy (Post 857081)
got it

then the f4i would be my choice out of the two

buuuuuut.....if you get the kawi and put bar risers on it....why not just put bar risers on the 600rr?
are they not available for the 600rr?....i ask cuz i have never looked into them for my 600rr....my 600 is a track only bike

I could do a Heli bar on the RR at the same time it wouldnt remidy when I ride 2up. Also the newer bikes seem really small and flimsey. I'm 6' 200lbs.

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015 (Post 857086)
if you have to put money into a bike to be comfy, then i dont thnk its worth it. buy a bike that you can jus get up and go if ur looking for a cruiser.

and plus by the sound of ur post, you already made up ur decision. the 636 has more cons than pros

I get what your saying but a cruiser is just not what I want yet. A cruisers (in my eyes) dosent wheelie, it dosent track day, etc. The F4I wouldnt need risers...

dwschultzy 11-12-2009 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Monstrosity (Post 857090)
I could do a Heli bar on the RR at the same time it wouldnt remidy when I ride 2up. Also the newer bikes seem really small and flimsey. I'm 6' 200lbs.

you've got an internal battle you need to deal with.....going to a forum isnt going to help

a. none of the "cbr's" or any sport bike for that matter is meant for 2up riding.....period
b. you have a perfectly good bike for what you want except the 2up part

my suggestion would be to look into the sport/cruiser world then

like a vfr for example.....perfect bike for what you want

but once again

none of the bikes in the "sportbike" class are designed for 2up riding.....none...zip zilch nada

Monstrosity 11-12-2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy (Post 857093)
you've got an internal battle you need to deal with.....going to a forum isnt going to help

a. none of the "cbr's" or any sport bike for that matter is meant for 2up riding.....period
b. you have a perfectly good bike for what you want except the 2up part

my suggestion would be to look into the sport/cruiser world then

like a vfr for example.....perfect bike for what you want

but once again

none of the bikes in the "sportbike" class are designed for 2up riding.....none...zip zilch nada

But some are better than others... VFR and the others are wattered down IMO. If the economy didnt take such a **** and cutbacks at work hadnt occured i'd keep the RR and buy a cruiser. As the "Boss" says, you cant have both...

NYKnick1015 11-12-2009 11:08 PM

i didnt mean that by a curiser... a cruiser in my eyes is a bike that you zip around town in to get from here to there. No fancy bells and wistles... my f3 is my cruiser because i use it to get to work, to get home, sometimes go to the store etc

purpleslug 11-12-2009 11:27 PM

get a 636 for the power. plus the f4i spring limit on rear is 200lbs front is like 180 lbs so if you really want a bike that can handle your weight alone go with 636 plus it makes way more power then a f4i. on the other hand a F4i is very cheap! around here there about $2500-$3500 the other flaw is the CCT on the f4i.