F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i vs 600rr

Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i vs 600rr

Hello guys,

If you had to choose between an f4i or 600rr which one would it be?

If you could highlight the differences between the two bikes that would be very helpful.

I heard that the f4i has better lowend acceleration than the 600rr and is more comfortable, etc etc.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM

i have a 2006 f4i and my buddy has a 2008 600rr.. my does have a little bit better low end to it cause its considered a sport touring bike where his is a "track bike". and honestly, all the way up to 130 ish he isn't that far ahead of me, maybe a half a bike length to a full length. but his does have about 10 more hp and more high end than mine. and as for comfort, a f4i is going to be more comfortable that the rr. mine is just a little bit more sit up that his is and i have the banana seat which help ALOT for longer rides.... hope this helps ya out

Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM

+1 to the f4i being more comfortable since it is more of a sport tourer especially the 04-06 banana seat f4is. If youre comparing the 01-03 split seats to the 03-04 rr's theres not really a HUGE difference. The rr just looks much sportier and much more aggressive, has a more aggressive riding position, more top end, and so on. The 05-06 have the inverted forks, radial brakes, and a little more track oriented than the 03-04s were, then the 07+ rr's apparently are just worlds better than the 03-06s.

If its your first bike go with the f4i its much easier to ride and learn on, the gearbox/clutch is much clunkier and more forgiving and definitely better for riding around town and such. It was my first bike and i still miss it, it was plenty fun, and for a 10 year old sport bike it looks pretty damn good compared to other 600s for that year. My rr is much smoother, shifts much faster and all that but is a little less comfortable but i still love it. Either way id personally take the rr but theyre really not that much better than the f4i spec wise until you get to the 05's then the 07s are just way ahead.

So if its your first bike or youre just looking to do some riding around town or commuting/long rides on it i recommend the f4i 100%. But if you want something a little more modern and a little sportier id say go with an 05+ rr

Old 01-27-2012, 07:15 PM
October 2011 ROTM

As you can see in my sig I've owned both a 01 F4i and a 07 RR. Hands down the RR is a better bike. You will not find a single RR owner (07+) that will say that the F4i is a better bike. My F4i does feel like it had more low end torque, then again I also had a -1 front sprocket on it but that is the general consensus. The RR does feel like it has more up top especially after 7K. The RR is just as comfortable as the F4i. Yes you are in a different riding position but it just not any more uncomfortable. On the F4i it is easier to see the cluster but to me that is no big deal. Everything on the RR is so much smoother including the ride, clutch, throttle, brakes, powerband, everything. I'm just disappointed I didn't make the switch to the RR sooner.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:33 PM

My buddy bought his '07 RR the same time I got my F4i. I never got a chance to ride it but he never left me in the dust on any occasion. And I was generally far less sore than he was after a 4 hour ride. Granted he's 6 foot tall and I'm only 5' 8" so I probably fit the bike better. He was amazed at how well my bike kept up with his and said that if he could find an F4i for cheap he'd buy one instead of another RR. His RR also had some issues with the killswitch and left him stranded a few times, only had about 6k miles on it. Not saying the RR is a bad bike, by default it should be better than an F4i but I wont be buying an RR after my F4i. But that's probably because I don't intend on buying another 600 since I plan to keep the F4i for a long long time and pick up a liter bike at some point.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
My buddy bought his '07 RR the same time I got my F4i. I never got a chance to ride it but he never left me in the dust on any occasion. And I was generally far less sore than he was after a 4 hour ride. Granted he's 6 foot tall and I'm only 5' 8" so I probably fit the bike better. He was amazed at how well my bike kept up with his and said that if he could find an F4i for cheap he'd buy one instead of another RR. His RR also had some issues with the killswitch and left him stranded a few times, only had about 6k miles on it. Not saying the RR is a bad bike, by default it should be better than an F4i but I wont be buying an RR after my F4i. But that's probably because I don't intend on buying another 600 since I plan to keep the F4i for a long long time and pick up a liter bike at some point.
A RR will not leave an F4i in the dust in a straight line. Both are very quick bikes and lets face it, these bikes don't need to be any faster. The RR is better on the track than the F4i. Funny you say the RR broke down cause my F4i left me stranded a handful of times. My RR is as reliable as the sun rising in the east.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 AM

^What he said, you really can't go wrong with either bike. Ride both and see which one you like more, they're both bullet proof and they're both going to put a smile on you're face no matter what pretty much. If you plan on taking it to the track regularly and are serious about it get the RR, it's going to be more suited for it then the F4i.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 AM

I had a 03 F4i with the split seat and just picked up a 04 RR. Between the 2 I would go with the rr. As far as seating position goes they are both just as comfortable (to me). Power wise either bike has enough to do anything you need it to. he RR looks kickass compared to the f4i. All the little things add up, tank cover, swing arm, headlights, fuel gauge. Overall you are not going wrong with either bike, I personally like the RR better though. Keep in mind im comparing to a 04 RR. Cant help you with the newer ones.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM

like everyone else said u really cant go wrong with either one, unless u are going for just a straight track ike then get the rr and rememer that the 07+ rr's have a factory sterring damper which is also a major help. but as said before both of them are fast caust the f4i is still a CBR is def no slouch compared to the rr in ANY way

Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by R Dub
You will not find a single RR owner (07+) that will say that the F4i is a better bike.
I don't know about that. I'll choose my f4i for street riding over my RR anyday. In my time as a service writer I did repairs to RR's, I never had an F4i that needed something repaired that the owner didn't cause the breakage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: f4i vs 600rr