F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i VS 600 RR

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i VS 600 RR

okay who knows the big differences between the 600 f4i and the 600 RR these are the two choices i am trying to decide from, can someone please list the major differences for me? im looking for bikes between 02-06 thanks a ton

Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Default RE: f4i VS 600 RR

I don't work at a dealership by any means but I can tell you a few things.

1. Appearence... Obviously but rr has an undertail exhaust and a two seat look vs. standard mount exhaust and single or bannana seat on the f4i
2. Rider Position... the rr is more aggressive and sits you more forward than the f4i
3. rr has larger fuel ingectors

That is all I can tell you as far as differences are concerned. I am sure that there are others and I am sure that there are people here that can and will tell you what they know. I got a screamin deal on a new '04 f4i last spring that the dealer wanted to get rid of. MSRP on the two is only like $600 so had i been spending msrp on my f4i, I probably would have just upgraded to the rr. But it is also my first bike and it has been great for me to learn on and it keeps up with most that I ride with and blows all my dad's cruiser friends out of the water. Good luck with your bike purchase!

Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 AM

The RR is tuned to run a little more racey, meaning it has a few more stock horse power. It also has a more agressive racing appearance. But mechanically the bikes are very similar, and the performance difference between a stock F4i and RR aren't going to be noticeable to a novice rider. There are a gazillion after market parts available for both bikes.

An RR owner will probably tell you to not get an F4i because of the banana seat. An F4i owner will tell you not to get an RR because you'll pay $700-1000 more for the RR to get darn near the same bike but a much less comfortable ride for intermediate to long distances. The undertail exhaust on the RR is a nice look, but now everyone's talking about the motoGP looking pipes that were added to the new Yamaha R6. People are now saying that the winding undertail exhaust might rob some power due to all the bends. Micron is coming out with new shorty pipes for almost all makes and models of bikes, including F4i.

So it will boil down to which you like better. But you can't go wrong with either. Honda makes the best sport bikes on the market, which means both of these are winners of a choice. Personally, I chose the F4i and I'm 100% happy with that choice.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:42 AM

Like what was said....the F4i & the RR are VERY similar bikes powerwise, but the RR is a more radically designed bike. That being said the RR is a little bit more uncomfortable than the F4i because of it's "radical/edgy" styling.

I've personally been drawn to the F4i for a long time for whatever reason, and that's why I just bought mine a couple weeks ago. I don't think I'm too fond of the new style of F4i's though with the single/banana seat (which looks like the 1999-2000 F4's).

So it all depends on what YOU want. A 2001-2003 F4i will be cheaper than a RR though (if you don't want the single/banana seat which is found on the 2004-2006 F4i's)

Old 03-19-2006, 06:53 AM

[sm=repost.gif][sm=repost.gif][sm=repost.gif]

This is the most reposted subject that I have seen. That and "oops I screwed up my frame sliders" Just look around the sight, everyone talks about the differences between the F4i and the 600RR.

Daniel Thompson

Old 03-19-2006, 05:13 PM

Go with the F4i for comfort, I can ride this thing all day as opposed to the hunch back RR. Get a 2001-2002 F4i so you avoid the banana seat look, if you want. Those years came with the two seat look and they are really good looking bikes. I ride an 01 F4i and if you can really ride you'll smoke your friends on the RR's who are just starting.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:57 AM

The main differences between an F4i and an RR are:

The F4i has a slightly beefier fork.
Their fuel injection systems are slightly different the F4i has a PGM-FI with an automatic enricher circuit. the RR has a DSFI
The F4i has a single piece seat now (it didn't a couple years ago.)
The RR has an underseat exhaust.
The RR is 9lbs lighter.
The RR's front disc brakes are a little bigger.
The RR has a slightly different rear shock with a bit more travel.

That's pretty much it, same engine, same cc's almost the same horsepower.

Also depends on what you do to it afterwards. My 2001 cbr F4i would eat a stock cbr 600 rr alive on the track.

specs listed below:

CBR F4i SPECS:

ENGINE
Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 67.0mm x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enricher circuit
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #525 O-ring-sealed chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 43.0mm HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
Front Brakes Dual 296.0mm discs with four-piston calipers
Rear Brake Single 220.0mm disc
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS
Rake 24.0 degrees
Trail 96.0mm (3.8 inches)
Wheelbase 54.5 inches
Seat Height 31.9 inches
Turning Radius 10.8 feet
Dry Weight 370 pounds
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve

OTHER
Emissions Meets current CARB and EPA standards. California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Available Colors Candy Blue/Black, Pearl Yellow/Metallic Titanium
Model ID CBR600F4i

FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
1 year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBR RR SPECS:
ENGINE
Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 67.0mm x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion Dual Stage Fuel Injection
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #525 O-ring-sealed chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41.0mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.1-inch travel
Front Brakes Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310.0mm discs
Rear Brake Single 220.0mm disc
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS
Rake 24.0 degrees
Trail 95.0mm (3.7 inches)
Wheelbase 54.7 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches
Turning Radius 10.5 feet
Dry Weight 361 pounds
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve

OTHER
Available Colors Black, Pearl Orange/Black Tribal, Light Silver Metallic, Red/Black
Model ID CBR600RR

FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
1 year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.