F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i UnderTail w/ Stock Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i UnderTail w/ Stock Lights?

Does anyone know where I can get the undertail for an '01 F4i that keeps your stock light? Preferably one that is painted red or CF. I have found one fiberglass one on ebay and that was it??? Surely there are some out there?

Old 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Default RE: F4i UnderTail w/ Stock Lights?

I think its www.pimpbike.com they are the only ones that still make them as far as I know.

-Jesse-

Old 03-03-2006, 11:57 AM

Anyone have one of these? Or know the price. The only one on the page without a price is the one I want hahaha.

TJ

Old 03-03-2006, 04:46 PM

i got a CW fender eliminator, it comes in silver cause its just a metal plate but i have seen people paint these. Check out the gallery and it might give you an idea.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got a minus one eliminator on mine, the undertails look good but the factory f4i doesn't really sit high enough where most undetails will look good.

my 2 cents

Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Wilson1

Anyone have one of these? Or know the price. The only one on the page without a price is the one I want hahaha.

TJ
They sell the same thing thats on their site for $70 buy it now on ebay if you look. I have seen quite a few of them. I was going to swap out the undertail thats on my bike for the one from pimpbike, but I hotbodies undertail really grew on me and now I really like it. The lights are pretty bright and it has integrated signals on it.

If I see one on ebay I'll PM you a link.

-Jesse-

Old 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM

Heres a pic of my hotbodies undertail. I have the bike running and the right turn signal is on to give you an idea of what it looks like. The lights in my garage are really bright, but my flash on my camera messes with the background and makes it look really dark.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:57 PM

Turnin20s...that is a LOT better looking that I thought it would be. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll just go with the Hotbodies like what you have. I seen they are plastic, where as the other is fiberglass. I have a clear tail light w/ integrated blinkers and didn't want to have to get rid of it, but I really like yours. I've seen some one Ebay and Dennis Kirk has them too...plus I believe they come painted to match factory paint?

Where's your plate? Swingarm?

Thanks for your help!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 PM

Also out of curiosity....ride4sport, do you have a pic or link to what you have?

Old 03-05-2006, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Wilson1

Turnin20s...that is a LOT better looking that I thought it would be. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll just go with the Hotbodies like what you have. I seen they are plastic, where as the other is fiberglass. I have a clear tail light w/ integrated blinkers and didn't want to have to get rid of it, but I really like yours. I've seen some one Ebay and Dennis Kirk has them too...plus I believe they come painted to match factory paint?

Where's your plate? Swingarm?

Thanks for your help!!!
I don't have my new plate yet since the dmv here in wisconsin is backed up so bad. But when I get the plate I'll mount it back where the previous owner had it. Heres a pic of where the plate was and a couple more of the indertail.

I just have to say that it makes the rear of the bike super clean. The blinkers will flash fast because of the leds, but thats not to hard to fix. I sent you a PM with a link for the one that you were interested in. I have seen the hotbodies go pretty cheap if you shop around. I hope these help you out and if you need anything else let me know. And yes, they come painted in factory colors. Some people say that they don't match the best but mines as good as it can get with out getting a paint match. I can't see any difference in color. BTW in case you didn't see it I made a little video of the tail lights in action with my digital camera. It didn't turn out very good, but it will give you a better idea. Heres a link to that.

-Jesse-