F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i TRACK BIKE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i TRACK BIKE

Hey guys just picked up a clapped out 01 f4i not new to bikes but this is my first honda, questions i have its missing alot of parts such as rearsets, muffler, bodywork ect. just looking at some suggestions as what to get for the old girl, it has a cd title and is for track use only i pretty much have body work coverd; going to purchase some sebimoto skins from yoyodyne; also suspension? have a new set of forks which are getting racetech springs and gold valves but what about a shock? penske? ohlins? any input would be great same with exhaust, right now missing a muffler i was thinking full system? worth it or not? any input from you guys is great, im an experienced rider this is my first track only bike and i want to do it right the first time thanks a bunch

Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Default RE: F4i TRACK BIKE

My track F4i runs an Ohlins rear shock, they are really common and easy to get rebuilt if need be. Have you looked at the Hoybodies racing bodywork? Pretty cheap and really easy to get replacements. As far as a full exhaust system they are in my opinion overpriced. Are you actually racing or just doing track time? If your not racing don't break the bank outfitting your bike. You aren't going to notice the extra 3 miles an hour runout difference between a full exhaust system and just a can. Spend your money on a factory pro shift kit, maybe a good adjustable rearset kit. A shift light is also a really good idea (it keeps you from having to look at your tacometer). Get yourself an APE manual cam chain tensioner as well. F4i's have a lot of problems with the CCT. The stock automatic one tends to stick. Honda didn't fix it until 2004.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Default RE: F4i TRACK BIKE

I've got an Ohlins as well, great shock but the Penske does the same thing with less bling lol

I still have a slip-on exhaust on my F4i, a full exhaust isn't that important unless your racing, in which case the F4i probably isn't the best choice anyway. Most important things are aftermarket clip-ons, fairing stay, rearsets, good frame sliders, SS brake lines, maybe a steering damper (GPR is good stuff) and if your not racing a double bubble windscreen is nice.

getting spool tabs welded on your swingarm is probably a very good idea as well, Pit-Bull sells the tabs
makes using stands a lot easier

make sure your drill a small hole or two in the brake and clutch levers so the tips will snap off if you crash and not the whole lever