F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are f4i riders more safety conscious?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
How's the battery working out?
Awesome man! Thanks again. It almost seems a bit faster lol! It's really nice not having to wonder if your bike will start next time you get on it.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DBEAU
Awesome man! Thanks again. It almost seems a bit faster lol! It's really nice not having to wonder if your bike will start next time you get on it.
How's the insurance payment?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm 20 years old and I just bought a 2005 F4i. I chose the F4i over the RR because everything i read said it was a much more comfortable bike, while still being competitive with the RR's power. It's been very hot in Northeastern PA also. I always have A helmet, jeans, and boots at the very least. If it's too hot to ride safe, then it's too hot to ride.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:57 PM

i have a lot of money invested in my tattoo's and i don't want them scraped off or faded by the sun so i always wear my gear (scorpion hat trick mesh jacket,scorpion EXO 700 helmet,alpine stars smx-2 gloves, draggin jeans, and icon field armor boots) and in Charlotte NC in july its about 90-98 and very humid. i wrecked my old 600RR(with gear) so i just feel more comfortable with my gear on all the time

Old 07-16-2010, 10:24 PM
June 2011 ROTM

I agree with the more honda riders where gear. I see more guys in shorts and t shirts on Suzukis than all other sport bikes combined. As far as harleys go its shocking to see someone riding one with a helmet. I saw a guy on a Harley yesterday with jean shorts, no shirt and flip flops riding down 75 south yesterday. I was shaking my head at him as he passed me. I was trying to shame him lol

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must admit..I used to AGAT...but nowadays...I'll wear a t-shirt due to the summer. but no matter what I always got jeans, helmet, and gloves on.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Member MK2

I have all of you beat! yesterday was 116* here in palm springs, Ca. Drove the bike to work at 2pm in it then when I got off at 10pm it was 103* outside still! Best part about it is you don't have to be scared your tires aren't gonna hook up in the turns... but I wear my held leather gloves, rf-1000, steel toe boots (for work) but have alpinestars boots I use when I ride. The alpinestars leather jacket and track pants stay at home it's WAY too hot for all that nonsense! So I wear 2 T-shirts and black dickies, had a close call in a turn the other day... was going to drag a knee and realized I was in work gear still and did t feel like getting a new knee!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by colbyDANIERI
I'm 20 years old and I just bought a 2005 F4i. I chose the F4i over the RR because everything i read said it was a much more comfortable bike, while still being competitive with the RR's power. It's been very hot in Northeastern PA also. I always have A helmet, jeans, and boots at the very least. If it's too hot to ride safe, then it's too hot to ride.
I think that most of us consider what you described unsafe. A helmet is standard and goes without saying (most of us have helmet laws anyways), and jeans provide no protection. And no jacket? You might as well ride naked.

NOT saying I don't do the same, but don't talk about riding safe

Old 07-17-2010, 07:17 AM
June 2011 ROTM

I disagree m3ds. Jeans provide protection. Just a few weeks ago the guy I was riding with went down and his jeans kept him from getting road rash.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeans provide very limited protection. They'll protect you for the 2-3 seconds they'll last during a serious slide.

That said, i wear jeans for street riding. But on the street, my speed will be +10 the speed limit max. And mine are real blue jeans, like levis. Not the thin designer bullchit. The Carlisle Bike Fest is coming up and if i'm taking my bike there, i'll be hitting revzilla for some kevlar jeans this week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are f4i riders more safety conscious?