F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are f4i riders more safety conscious?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
with 60%+ humidity the air is like freakin jello here so it makes it nasty out.....

sure its not over 100 but ide take super hot low humidity conditions anyway of the weak... i can literally walk outside from my office and water condensates on my phone
Come ride by me! 114 out today with little humidity You may take back that "super hot low humidity" comment!

I know what you guise are talking about though..I grew up in LaGrange IL. 20 min southwest of Chi-town

Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I lived 30min from lake ontario in NY and now I live in Phx AZ so I've had both types of crappy hot weather. I'll take less heat with some humidity. It honestly hurts to go outside in Phx.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 PM
July 2008 ROTM

No, I think anyone with half a brain will keep wearing gear regardless of weather, and regardless of the type of motorcycle they ride. I see all types of riders around here, and besides the obvious Harley guys who rarely wear anything except a scowl, sport bike squids come from all over the spectrum.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do agree that the "younger" crowd typically don't like CBR600F's in general. I've owned an F2, F4, 2 x F4i's. All the young 18-23 year olds I know always make smart *** comments like "Shoulda got an R1/R6/636/1000rr/10R" (aka, the latest greatest and sharpest looking bike..) In their minds the F4i is kindof a bulbous ugly pig. The tail is too big, not pointy enough etc.

I don't mind. I ride circles on the track around my friends on their 08/09 R6's and 09 ZX-6R's. (I actually lapped my friends numerous times) Turns out slipper clutches, big piston forks and all that techo-awesome doesn't make a fast rider. F4i's are a great bike and thats the end of it.

Who cares what others wear gear-wise. It doesn't matter. I gear up 95% of the time but sometimes I don't. We're all going to die someday.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM

I like the responses. It may not have been the best worded question, and not a matter of AGAT, but more like, the bike you ride and age dictates your gear level. lol.

^^I agree with this comment though. I have friends that think they can just blast off on an R1, then have to go hard on the brakes to turn, when I just catch right up to them.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:26 PM

I am a squid and I ride a Honda. Doesn't mean one brand of people are different than another.

(I wear helmet,cf knuckle gloves, shorts and hoodie).I go around town at 30mph. When going at slow speeds with nasty heat and humidity here in Minnesota screw that. If I had to wear gear the whole time might as well sell the bike and get a smart car.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
I am a squid and I ride a Honda. Doesn't mean one brand of people are different than another.

(I wear helmet,cf knuckle gloves, shorts and hoodie).I go around town at 30mph. When going at slow speeds with nasty heat and humidity here in Minnesota screw that. If I had to wear gear the whole time might as well sell the bike and get a smart car.
True dat..don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate of not protecting onesself..and I understand accidents can happen even in your parking lot at 5mph..but when its 115 degrees here everyday..I'm wearing sunglasses and shorts (unless Im riding long and on the highway then I'll helmet and glove it)..a motorcycles a motocycle..you need to enjoy it..gearing up in this weather is not enjoying it I just ride extra cautious...I do anyway

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 07-16-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
True dat..don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate of not protecting onesself..and I understand accidents can happen even in your parking lot at 5mph..but when its 115 degrees here everyday..I'm wearing sunglasses and shorts (unless Im riding long and on the highway then I'll helmet and glove it)..a motorcycles a motocycle..you need to enjoy it..gearing up in this weather is not enjoying it I just ride extra cautious...I do anyway
True that brother. Believe me I have full suit and all the protection gear I want. Yet when its getting that hot in the summer time I would think it would be more dangerous if you were over heating from sweating so much vs keeping cool. I remember one time with all my gear on I nearly passed out since I got so hot in it(the suit).

Old 07-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by DBEAU
I don't think wearing a T-shirt makes you not safe.
How's the battery working out?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM

It's been brutal here too, over 100 with the heat index, and high humidity. I get crazy looks from most other bikers because I ride in full gear anytime I am on the bike. Even in this heat I ride in 2 peice leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, and a back pack. Luckily my commute to work is all highway with only one stop light between my shop, and the interstate. Being stuck at a light really does suck, but my perforated leather Joe Rocket jacket works it's magic at 70 mph. My pants are pretty hot, but they do have some air flow in the crotch area, and my boots (Sidi Vertigos) have ram air vents to keep my feets cool. I am deffientely warm sometimes, but it is bareable. I talked to a buddy of mine today that moved to Florida a few years ago, and he was telling me about the bike wreck he was in. First thing he said was "Go figure the one time your not wearing gear just to run to the gas station you get nailed". He was pronounced dead at the scene, and somehow ended up making it. Concrete is not your friend, thats for sure !

Quick Reply: Are f4i riders more safety conscious?