CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Are f4i riders more safety conscious? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-riders-more-safety-conscious-113827/)

Zero1080 07-15-2010 12:56 PM

Are f4i riders more safety conscious?

So here in Illinois over the last couple days, it's been incredibly hot and humid about 90 and 60%+ humidity, and needless too say, the gear starts to come off.

However, I was riding last night, about 9pm, so the sun was down, and while it was still hot, not nearly as bad during the day. I happened to see two local f4i's and both riders had all their gear on. And a couple lights later, I see a couple RR1000's and a few gsxr's and about half of them going full squid with temp tags, shorts, t-shirts, and no helmets, and some at least had pants and helmets.

I was just thinking, since the f4i is a few years older than even the first year RR's (generally speaking), am I right to assume that young riders aren't too keen on them, and thus it's an older, more responsible crowd that rides them?

__Z__ 07-15-2010 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 946672)
So here in Illinois over the last couple days, it's been incredibly hot and humid about 90 and 60%+ humidity, and needless too say, the gear starts to come off.

However, I was riding last night, about 9pm, so the sun was down, and while it was still hot, not nearly as bad during the day. I happened to see two local f4i's and both riders had all their gear on. And a couple lights later, I see a couple RR1000's and a few gsxr's and about half of them going full squid with temp tags, shorts, t-shirts, and no helmets, and some at least had pants and helmets.

I was just thinking, since the f4i is a few years older than even the first year RR's (generally speaking), am I right to assume that young riders aren't too keen on them, and thus it's an older, more responsible crowd that rides them?

DUDE IT WAS NASTY YESTERDAY haha... I almost didnt wanna leave work it was so gross...

But anyway back to ur statement... Ill be honest and say I think honda riders in general seem to wear their gear more often (esp. f4i) ALL day long here in the peoria area i see guys on yamahas and suzukis crusin around like squids but when i see a honda more likely than not the guy or gal has their gear on :icon_shrug:

heyitsmelam 07-15-2010 01:08 PM

i consider honda owners of any kind to be intelligent consumers in general. thus in turn making them intelligent riders. i'm not biased at alllll.

or sarcastic...

no really, it probably isn't bike specific, but dependent on the rider. i see more bikes now than ever. i figure these newer, young riders get licensed and used mommy and daddy's credit card to get the nicest liter bike to show off and don't even bother about prioritizing safety.

boredandstroked 07-15-2010 01:18 PM

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha
90 is incredibly hot?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

And to answer your question, I don't think so.

chetman7 07-15-2010 01:22 PM

I disagree with the OP. I can't see those 2 variables having any relationship with each other.

DBEAU 07-15-2010 01:28 PM

I don't think wearing a T-shirt makes you not safe.

crashking 07-15-2010 01:29 PM

I almost wished I drove my car in to work today,over here in STL its going to be 105f heat index and I gotta go play softball @ 6

__Z__ 07-15-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 946683)
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha
90 is incredibly hot?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:icon_slap2: with 60%+ humidity the air is like freakin jello here so it makes it nasty out.....

sure its not over 100 but ide take super hot low humidity conditions anyway of the weak... i can literally walk outside from my office and water condensates on my phone

R Dub 07-15-2010 01:52 PM

Yeah yesterday was brutal but I rode in full gear. When moving not bad at all, when sitting at a stop light it sucks. After I got home my shirt and pants were soaked with sweat but personally I did not want to risk riding without gear. Accidents can happen at any temp. As long as you have some good gear that breathes good you should be good to go. I always could have drove the truck but I get to do that every day in the winter.

teko1020 07-15-2010 02:39 PM

I'm one of the few people in my town to wear more gear passed the helmet. Since Illinois doesnt have a helmet law yet you very rarely see any rider wearing more than a pair of glasses to meet the eye protection law. I've ridden 1 time with just the helmet and I felt naked. I wasn't thinking about going down and having my bare skin slide on the asphalt but after riding with gear since the beginning it just didnt feel right. Ever since then if its one of those typical ridiculous summer days I dont ride in the daytime or ride at all... until I buy some textiles.