F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Questions(new owner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Questions(new owner)

alright i'm thinking of getting some yellow led's to go along with my 06 f4i i have to help with visibility since alot of people around here don't pay attention as well as there are alot of drunks around here driving. any tips on placement? i was thinking just lighting up the front and rear tire but im not all that sure as well as i want to make sure the wires are completely hidden as much as possible and would love some tips on that.....would you suggest trying to drill a hole in the body to get the wire inside from under it or what?? i honestly have no clue as to how to hide the wiring currently and would love the advice.

also for those that have tried this exhaust do you think its loud enough or should i switch to a different exhaust? i have the scorpio street extreme exhaust.

as well as do you suggest i go down and have a tuner check out the map on my bike? or leave it it seems to run nice but i haven't rode many bikes it was done by the previous owner but currently i can't clutch wheelie or power wheelie...(that might be from me just being to afraid to stand up and lean back but i've reved it up to 11k rpms for the clutching and barely gets the tire off the ground and for powering it haven't really gotten the tire off at all)

Old 02-25-2013, 02:28 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Do we think the exhaust is loud enough? What kind of question is that? Your goal shouldn't be to have an obnoxious exhaust...

There's a handful of people who have posted their light setups on their F4i here, and tons of others on the web. Look around for ideas on where to place lights. There's tons of options. You shouldn't need to drill anything, just take a look at where wires are already run to get an idea of how to hide them.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM

no but the point is to be heard makes it safer yeah i don't want a exhaust that i can't stand listening to while riding but if its loud as hell but not loud enough to start get annoying then thats fine with me if a car driver hears me their more likely to look for me...and i was going to search for it but every time i search for something using this websites search system i end up having to go through 100 threads before i hit one that was actually related to my search but ok that works thanks

Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your bike is fine. buy an orange vest or something. please don't make your bike any louder.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 AM

Nice bike, be careful it will wheelie. You don't want to wreak it so soon
the seasons just starting.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look through this thread you can see my bike and where I installed them. My post >> LED ground affect light placement
Here is where I got mine and they are under $100 and about 3 times for lights the the street glow.

Mine are from Motorcycle LED Lights, Motorcycle Underglow, and Motorcycle Light Kits

As for the wheelies, No offence, but your nuts haven't dropped yet and your not giving it enough throttle.
The F4i is no slug in the wheelie department.
I can clutch up around 5k rpms, You problem is your not giving it enough gas.
Yes it is at 11k rpms but your throttle is probably only turned at a quater throttle, Just slowly keep adding my rotation on the throttle which will bring the rpms up faster in turn lifting the front wheel faster.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
If you look through this thread you can see my bike and where I installed them. My post >> LED ground affect light placement
Here is where I got mine and they are under $100 and about 3 times for lights the the street glow.

Mine are from Motorcycle LED Lights, Motorcycle Underglow, and Motorcycle Light Kits

As for the wheelies, No offence, but your nuts haven't dropped yet and your not giving it enough throttle.
The F4i is no slug in the wheelie department.
I can clutch up around 5k rpms, You problem is your not giving it enough gas.
Yes it is at 11k rpms but your throttle is probably only turned at a quater throttle, Just slowly keep adding my rotation on the throttle which will bring the rpms up faster in turn lifting the front wheel faster.

The lights look good but here in most states those would be illegal. I have blue ones almost the same on mine and i get pulled over all the time by CHP but i know the laws hahaha no colors are allowed to be flashing infront or behind any vehicle that is not an emergancy veh. nor to be in any refeltive housing including headlights, turn lights, or tail lights. The colored bulbs can not be brighter then the tail lights when activated nor should the bulbs be seen when in a near by vehicle. hehe

anyway sorry for the rant but I have two f4i's and a few other bikes. neither my 02 nor 05 have any problems doing wheelies or stoppys lol the f4i is actually a HUGELY popular stunting bike out here in socal. if your not happy with its power try gearing it. I would only suggest ether going one down in front or two up in back seeing as your still new i would say just get used to the bike before doing any mods. Because NO MOD nor power adder can replace a GOOD Rider! i would also recommend heading to a nearby track and taking riding lessons. You would be surprised how much you can learn from just one day

As far as the wiring under the rear tire i used some ultra slim leds and ran the wires right in thru the bottom plastic and the rear fairing. no drilling i also wired them all to a switch on the fairing next to the clutch for easy on and off. If you are worried about being seen you can also get some reflective rim tape and some shiny metallic powder coating. (that i do btw) lol

Last edited by demon87; 02-27-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Name:  2011-08-09202314.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  37.4 KB

Didn't even have to remove the fairings to do the wiring. Drilling the fairings is a definite no-no. As for the loudness and getting attention, just give it up and be honest about it: YOU want the sound. Your horn, that tiny squeaky thing, is more effective than the constant drone of a pipe. By nature, we humans tune out constant droning sounds. While a horn, any horn, is ingrained in us as an alert signal.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM

loud pipes dont help anything imo, i can't tell you where a siren sound is coming from if i cant see the lights in most situations.
your best bet is to not go deaf, my pipe is too damn loud and its a slip on that i guess needs repacking and my ears will ring if i go out for a few hours.
know what ringing is? hearing loss.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Rudy, I have a repack kit for a Two Brothers, but you could probably use it. Pay for shipping and its yours.

The color of the LEDs is certainly something to think about. Blue around here is a bit of a no-no (unless you have a Harley, apparently...). My setup is all white/orange/red so legal colors all around, and I've never been hassled by it. I've even been pulled over and they were on the whole time and not one comment.

Of course, my setup is hooked up to a strobe controller, too, but I digress...

Quick Reply: F4i Questions(new owner)