CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4i mods (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-mods-96879/)

Heston383 07-09-2009 12:28 PM

F4i mods

hey i got a 2002 f4i and i wanna get the full micron exhaust system i was just wondering if anyone has it and how it sounds/performance? and if i get the exhaust i was wondering if its worth it to buy the power commander ive heard its worth it and some people say it doesnt make to much of a difference also i was wondering if anyone knows a compny that makes velocity stacks...or my buddy does formula racing for his college and had spare rr stacks will they fit/are they an upgrade?

thanks for the input...first time posting nice to be here

xtremef4i 07-09-2009 12:50 PM

micron has good systems. you dont have to have a PC but it is good to have. With a full exhaust, you are going to want to have it dyno tuned as well. I have never seen stacks for the f4i but i think it would be a waste of money and will hinder the powerband.

Heston383 07-09-2009 01:08 PM

id have to get it dyno tuned? isnt that what the power commander is for? and is their a better website besides kneedraggers to look for exhaust...i like the micron cuz the ylw/blk can matches my paint scheme but im not to interested in a high mount from the look of the pictures i wouldnt be able to pack anyone unless they want their leg skin graphed afterwards.....since u guys know more then me what would u say is the biggest bang for my buck performance wise (i have wheelie fever...first rocket but im a MX rider)

Jmclmorrow 07-09-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Heston383 (Post 807498)
i have wheelie fever

I would suggest a -1 +2 sprocket conversion then.
I just got a -1 Vortex front and a +2 supersprox rear with a EK x-ring chain for about 200$ and is the best mod I have done yet on my bike, i have much more torque now.

xtremef4i 07-09-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Heston383 (Post 807498)
id have to get it dyno tuned? isnt that what the power commander is for?

a dyno tune will be best for optimal performance with a full system. Wont need a dyno tune for just a slip on but a full system I would advise. The bike will run more lean with a full system rather than just a slip on. you dont HAVE to have a dyno tune with a full system but it would be a good idea IMHO.

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow (Post 807514)
I would suggest a -1 +2 sprocket conversion then.
I just got a -1 Vortex front and a +2 supersprox rear with a EK x-ring chain for about 200$ and is the best mod I have done yet on my bike, i have much more torque now.

+1

Heston383 07-11-2009 02:45 AM

as far as the chain and sprocket what brand would u suggest and is the 520 conversion something to consider if anyone has a link to exactly what i should get my hands on it would be greatly appreciated...

xtremef4i 07-11-2009 07:25 AM

best chain brands I would recommend are DID, EK, Regina
Sprocket brands, Vortex or AFAM.

Compton82 07-11-2009 01:23 PM

You dont need any mods to satisfy your wheelie fever. You can easily ride for miles on the back wheel on a stock f4i.