CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4i light turns on but bike runs fine? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-light-turns-but-bike-runs-fine-129135/)

F4iFern 08-03-2011 01:09 AM

F4i light turns on but bike runs fine?

so today i was planning on riding my bike with a friend down to Modesto about 110 miles from where i live. i was getting ready to leave and i went to go turn on my bike i walked away to get my stuff ready. when i came back the F4i light was blinking it was blinking like 3 times then stopping and another 3. i checked the oil brake fluid and coolant and everything seemed good. i turned off the bike then turned it on again and then i think it was blinking 2 times then taking a brake. i turned it off again and then on and the F4i light stayed on but during all the times the light turned on it was running fine there was a time where it was ideling low but then it started idling good, just thought it did that cuz it was still warming up. so i looking in the manual and just read that there is an abnormality in the PGMFi, so i turned it off then turned it on again and no lights went on an it ran fine. so i went ahead and headed out becuase i been riding it all week and no problems have occured.

the whole trip my bike was running great, like always. but when i was heading back home we stopped to get something to eat. when we were about to head back out i turned my bike on and started to ride till i notice the F4i light was on. i pulled over turned my bike off and then turned it on and it disapeared, and the whole ride home it ran good. so is there any ideas what could be wrong with the F4i light turning on?

Matt5606 08-03-2011 06:17 AM

Remove your seat and look next to your computer, you should see a small 2 pin connector. Make sure your bike is off, and short the connector (put a small piece of wire between both pins) and count the amount of times the FI light blinks. IIRC, if the light blinks quickly 3 times, stops, and then blinks again, thats a code 33. Try that, and see where that goes!

F4iFern 08-03-2011 01:10 PM

alright well i got two MIL codes it first blinked 2 times quickly then took a short break and then blinked 9 times quickly. it then repeated the same codes.

the First code says loose or poor connection of the Map sensor Vacuum hose Faulty Map Sensor

the second code says loose or poor contact on IAT sensor Open or short circuit in TP sensor wire.

so for these codes should i try n fix my self with some new wires or take it to a shop or not that big of a worry if it runs good?

Matt5606 08-04-2011 10:30 AM

That sounds like a simple fix to me! Did you recently change your air filter?? Cuz both the IAT sensor and the MAP sensors are on the airbox, with the temp sensor on the upper cover and the MAP is on the left-hand side of the lower part. I'd lift the tank and make sure they are connected before bringing it to a shop.

F4iFern 08-04-2011 11:24 AM

ya i was able to lift the tank up and everything seemed good the IAT sensor looked clean it was connected right and all and the wires didnt look corroded, same with the Map sensor and its hose.

I was wondering if they are both faulty would the bike still be able to run good? it idles good and i can go anywhere on it without any problems.

or should i just take it to a shop and see what they can do since i saw nothing come up?