F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i gas gauge...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i gas gauge...?

is there a gauge on the 01 f4i that tells you how much gas you have?
if there is i think mine may be messed up...
im pretty sure its supposed to be on the left side of the speedometer, correct?
b/c mine has a space (vertically) to the left of my speedometer, but nothing shows up there
so i was jw if it was supposed to be where it was, or if it just doesnt kick on until you're low or what.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Default RE: F4i gas gauge...?

From what I understand, it's a kind of "Reverse" gas guage. When you hit reserve, it shows up with 1 "bar"... the lower the gas goes, the more "bars" show up... up to 4.

Again, I don't own an F4i... but this is what I've picked up from the guys I've been riding with, both of whom own f4i's of the 05/06 years.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM

ok cool. so i shouldnt see any gauge until i get to the reserves?
any f4i owners out there that can answer me for sure?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM

From what I remember, I thought it was supposed to be four solid bars showed up when you hit reserve and they started blinking one by one until all four were blinking, then it was time to either hit the very next gas station or plan on doing some walking!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:26 PM

The reserve light comes on when you have 0.98 gallon left in your tank. You will see 4 black bars on the left with a gas light. The top black bar will start blinking once you start using up the left over fuel. It's probably a good thing that you haven't seen this because if you saw the four bar's blinking your walking your happy butt to the gas station

Does anyone know if there's a way to put the cbr 600rr gas gauge on a f4i?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It doesn't stop there. After the four bars are blinking, they will start disappearing as well from the top down. If you have ONE bar left and it's blinking, THEN you definitely have a problem.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:07 PM

ok. yea i just got the bike in mid jan and have only got to ride it like 4 times for maybe atotal of 4 hours, and i filled it up before i rode it so ive only put about 10 miles on it (since i have to ride in a parkin lot b/c i dont have plates yet, and i want to get more comfortable before i go on the street)

and ok, so it doesnt have any indication of anything to do w. gas until you get to the reserve, then it will show up on the left side of the speedo screen, correct?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: G3NESYS

ok. yea i just got the bike in mid jan and have only got to ride it like 4 times for maybe atotal of 4 hours, and i filled it up before i rode it so ive only put about 10 miles on it (since i have to ride in a parkin lot b/c i dont have plates yet, and i want to get more comfortable before i go on the street)

and ok, so it doesnt have any indication of anything to do w. gas until you get to the reserve, then it will show up on the left side of the speedo screen, correct?
that is correct - do you have your owners manual? Everything is listed out there in plain black and white :-)

Old 03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It's good practice to reset your trip mileage every time you fill up your tank. Then you can keep an eye on how many miles you've put on since, and whether or not you will need to get gas soon. An excellent resource for those weekend twisty days. Nothing sucks more than having to find out you need to get gas 15 minutes after you leave, and have your group hate you.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 PM

lol.. ive really been wondering this myself.this is kind of a ridiculous system, but at least now i know how it works..

(btw i dont have a manual.)

now if i can just figure out how to set the damn clock.

Quick Reply: F4i gas gauge...?