CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4i Fi light & bike shuts off HELP! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-fi-light-bike-shuts-off-help-131437/)

maclark014 10-09-2011 03:51 PM

F4i Fi light & bike shuts off HELP!

I was riding my bike for about an hour and the Fi light came on and I lost power for a second but then went off and rode fine. About 15 mins later the light came on again, the RPM's went to 0 and the bike shut off. I stopped for a few minutes and then the bike ran ok. Now it is riding really choppy. I ran some seafoam through the gas but it hasnt helped. The power feels like it comes and goes but the Fi light has not came back on. It is really choppy while trying to maintain any rpm but when I accelerate it goes fine. Please HELP!!

Keywords: Fuel, pump, filter, FPM, pressure, monitor, connector.

nickp123 10-09-2011 08:43 PM

first thought would be the fpr

T-Rich 10-09-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1105538)
first thought would be the fpr

+1

maclark014 10-09-2011 10:06 PM

Where do you buy a fpr? Is it hard to replace? I heard you can check it by pulling the vacuum line but I dont know where it is. Any pic?

nickp123 10-11-2011 04:35 PM

its located under your tank and under the airbox i do believe. its a little metal top hat looking thing. Check the how-to section or do a search i know theres a tutorial on it somewhere but if you check the vaccum line for it and theres fuel in there its the fpr. You can buy one from bikebandit or numerous other oem bike part stores for like $50-70. just do a google search for f4i fpr's and see what the best you can do is but definitely dont buy a used one cuz you could be right back in the same position in a few months.

edit: and it should only take like a half hour or so to replace its not hard if youre even the least bit competent so you should be able to do it yourself

maclark014 10-11-2011 05:35 PM

Update

Ok lets add to the problem. So i found out the battery connections were loss( stupid I know) I tightened them down and the bike rode great for about 100 miles (The return from my trip). Then bike started to run rough again. It felt like the clutch was slipping when I went full throttle and I could not get the front tire off the ground agian it felt like the clutch was slipping bad. Continous riding was rough (like running out of gas, clunky) and when I stopped for gas, the bike would not turn on, i had to jump it. I tested the battery and it is good. Im at a loss here...

gixxerdude07 06-29-2012 10:34 AM

dude i had the same problem. i would ride then get somewhere and BOOM dead, i was so confused but after some research i found out it was the stator and rectifier. it cost me about 230 bucks, but it did the job. i hope that helps!!!

74demon 06-29-2012 11:27 AM

....Old thread. I'm sure he got it all sorted out by now. But thanks for your input!