F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Driven Sprocket And Chain... Good Or Junk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation F4i Driven Sprocket And Chain... Good Or Junk?

With my ferrari theme bike i thought it would be cool to go ahead and do a matching red chain and sprocket.... "possibly" i havent decided yet or not

has anyone heard anything about driven sprockets and chains?

good or bad.... also what tooth sprocket should i use? Im relatively happy with the stock but if anyone can suggest something they find absolutely amazing i may go with that.... also i have a 600rr swing arm... i know playful knows how many link chain i need and i think he has told me once before but if someone could throw that in there to it would be greatly appreciated.... (reason im lookin at driven vs vortex is because i dont want VORTEX all over my sprocket)

thanks guys

Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM

I <3 -1+2 gearing, I will never own another bike without replacing the sprockets and chain to this (or whatever is the equivalent of this on a different bike) changing from stock to this it was like riding a new bike, with a lot more torque

Old 12-29-2009, 02:46 PM

Also for the ferrari theme are you going to be using any yellow emblems? If so these sprockets might go well with it, they are yellow and black:

http://www.supersproxusa.com/our_products_stealth.php

these sprockets were reccomended to me by another member here, I got them I highly recommend them as well

Last edited by Jmclmorrow; 12-29-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my Driven set for going on two years, works great, love em.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
Also for the ferrari theme are you going to be using any yellow emblems? If so these sprockets might go well with it, they are yellow and black:

http://www.supersproxusa.com/our_products_stealth.php

these sprockets were reccomended to me by another member here, I got them I highly recommend them as well
hey thanks for the suggestion man... ill look into it.... and yes i plan on using yellow emblems.... only reason i wasnt looking at yellow sprockets is becuase im basically going with a red/black/polished alum look with yellow ferrari badges but ill still def give it a gander

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Had my Driven set for going on two years, works great, love em.

thanks man... what size chain is it u recommended again?

also thought ide throw out there instead of modding a new undertail exhaust form my bike i traded a buddy of mine some old s10 rear ends for a 100 percent custom all stainless single to dual undertail exhaust... i am ordering the stainless and he is going to measure cut it up and weld it for me... it may end up being a dual undertail straight pipe he is running some calcs on what back pressure will be i may end up throwing in some race baffles well see anyway ya so thats whats goin on.....