CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4i dips hard when i let go of bars (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-dips-hard-when-i-let-go-bars-105348/)

njdpb22 01-28-2010 07:02 PM

F4i dips hard when i let go of bars

OK, so my friend has a newer R6 and can let go of his handle bars and ride like "look mom, no hands"

But when i attempt to do the same, my bike dips to the left, and it dips HARD to the left. my tires arnt brand new, but they shouldnt be causeing this. i can ballance on any other bike, except mine. What can be the cause of the bike not staying sright and dipping left?

any help is appriciated, thanks

K7inne09 01-28-2010 07:04 PM

Bent forks or twisted/mis-aligned triple maybe? Has your bike been wrecked dropped ect?

njdpb22 01-28-2010 07:09 PM

yeah, the bike was down on the right side, but not fast enough to do any damage, just grind down the frame slider alittle.

i dont think the forts are bent, but very possible for the tripple to be miss alighned.

gotcbr 01-28-2010 08:50 PM

Unsure of the cause on your bike w/o seeing it. But, I sure as hell wouldn't ride that bike til that situation is fixed. This is extremely dangerous & I'd recommend you get it taken care of ASAP. Take it to your local factory Honda shop & have it diagnosed & repaired.

Good luck to you & be safe.

njdpb22 01-28-2010 09:27 PM

i mean i rode it for a whole season like that. but even a miss alighnment can be dangerous?

its only when i let go of the handle bars though. not when normal riding.

letsride 01-28-2010 09:48 PM

THen dont let go of the bars.Not safe even if their is no problem with it.

Kuroshio 01-28-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by njdpb22 (Post 878214)
i mean i rode it for a whole season like that. but even a miss alighnment can be dangerous?

its only when i let go of the handle bars though. not when normal riding.

Um yeah, it can be very dangerous depending on the cause. Till you know the forks are simply misaligned, the safest thing is not to ride her. Remember the front forks take a significant amount of force generated from using the front brake to stop.

If the forks are compromised in some way, they can be weakened.

K7inne09 01-28-2010 10:37 PM

Agreed ... Don't ride till you know for sure, don't want to risk making a current problem worse....also I've heard of the back tire being a little out of alignment and if that happens i could see how it could effect the whole bike...just get it checked out and let us know! hopefully it's nothing major!

Zero1080 01-29-2010 12:35 PM

Agreed with what's said before. Get it fixed ASAP.

On a separate note, I do like to ride with no hands sometimes, but only when I have to fix my gloves. But other than that. Always at least one hand on.

I also found a great way to stretch on the bike too. Right by your knee, and you can only do this with the left leg due to throttle issues, you have the frame and the fairing. The fairing sticks out a little bit which would allow you to rest your foot on it for a moment or two, allowing the muscle to move more.

It's probably incredible dangerous, but if you're having muscle trouble, it's a quick fix while on the move.

njdpb22 01-29-2010 03:49 PM

thanks guys for the info. ill prob bring it to the dealer after i get new tires on it and have them check it out.