F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i 636 Cluster Project Is A Go

Old 05-20-2010, 02:35 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
Did you look into just wiring your own custom LED's into the F4i's cluster?
Yes... its alot harder and time consuming to do on the F4I, also doesnt turn out nearly as clean...

There's tons of stuff you can do and the white-to-red gradient that you showed on the 636 has nothing to do with the digital gauge...
I realize this, ide just prefer the digital eye candy to the analog any day of the week personally

I'm fairly certain with the time you'd spend doing the gauge swap you could figure out a way to mod the F4i gauge to make it look sick.
I dont plan on spending much time on it... maybe a saturday and that includes putting new leds in the pod, making a alum mounting bracking, installing two toggle switches in it, wiring them, spraying the fairing stay, spraying the cluster covers, wiring the gauges, adding a 12oclock's version of the speedohealer, and the custom mount im making for my pcIII outa plexiglass and adding white leds to it and wiring it up

Anyway, to each his own....good luck on the 636 gauge swap...I'll look at the wiring diagram tomorrow and try and give you some pointers on the wiring if you still need help.
That would be greatly appreciated thx.. i think i have most of it figured out but at the end i have a couple extra wires left over im not sure what to do with quite yet...

As for people not seeing the point i guess i look at that comment this way... whats the point of putting new mirrors on your f4i? whats the point of any of it? lol to make it look pretty and unique... thats all im doin...

and on top of that i sold my f4i gauge for $150 and bought the 636 for 65... so i made profit off selling it as well....

Last edited by __Z__; 05-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM

One thing I hated about the digi tac/spedo on the 636's and some 10R's and 6R's is that in the sun light you can see your RPMs for the life of you.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Combat_F4i
One thing I hated about the digi tac/spedo on the 636's and some 10R's and 6R's is that in the sun light you can see your RPMs for the life of you.

Fortunately for myself and most other I really dont even need a tach or speedo I can ride it off pure engine sound and gear....

so in other words like ive said b4 it just pretty much a pretty/awe factor....

Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM

should be pretty sick...Those LEDs in the f4i cluster are tiny too..That wasnt a fun thing to do really, but it woould go much smoother a second time.
In the upper right corner you can see a 5mm LED for a size comparison...lol

Old 05-21-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
should be pretty sick...Those LEDs in the f4i cluster are tiny too..That wasnt a fun thing to do really, but it woould go much smoother a second time.
In the upper right corner you can see a 5mm LED for a size comparison...lol
Ya ive seen some pics of the ones for the f4i i cant imagine it being alot of fun lol

this route should be a fair bit easier....

im pretty excited to see how itll come out... once the clip for the back of the cluster comes in...i just gotta figure out what to do with the extra wires between the two clusters

Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM

hey red tonight i may post up what wires ide pair together between the f4i and the 636 could you by chance review them and lemme know where ude suggest i put the extras?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by CBRTuner44
Hey I am very interested to see how this turns out. But I have one question. Would your odometer reading change do to the new cluster? My bike has about 6100 miles and I wouldnt want a 11000 mile cluster to read that on my bike would it change?
Hey do you know the answer to this question.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by CBRTuner44
Hey do you know the answer to this question.

hey sorry man didnt even see ur post haha.. my bad... ur odo reading is built into your cluster so no ur new cluster will show the wrong mileage but thats why the lord himself gave us simple addition and subtraction lol

just write down ur old cluster mileage and add or subtract it from the new clusters mileage and wala...

Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
hey sorry man didnt even see ur post haha.. my bad... ur odo reading is built into your cluster so no ur new cluster will show the wrong mileage but thats why the lord himself gave us simple addition and subtraction lol

just write down ur old cluster mileage and add or subtract it from the new clusters mileage and wala...
Lol addition and subtraction is a wonderful thing. Is it even possible to change it though or would you need some type of pc program to hack the odo.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:09 PM

as far as i know the only possibility is to stop the odo... roll backs as far as i know arent possible

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F4i 636 Cluster Project Is A Go