CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Exhaust Review: Riot Pipe, With Pics (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/exhaust-review-riot-pipe-pics-72782/)

StrikeAnywhere 07-06-2008 06:20 PM

Exhaust Review: Riot Pipe, With Pics

3 Attachment(s)
I ordered my riot pipe from Hardrock Motorsports on Wednesday June 18th. 2 weeks and 1 day later I finally got it. That would be last Thursday. I put it on as soon as it arrived.

I guess I won't get into all the hassle I had with Hardrock concerning shipment. I was told a few different things but eventually they came through. And when I called them during the install process they did answer the phone and were certainly helpful.

As for the pipe itself, I'd give fit & finish aB-, but I understand that this is not a mass produced unit rolling off the line of a well known factory so I guess one should not expect to much of the fabrication quality. There were many little aluminum shavings inside the can and the finished surfaces were not polished or deburred. I vacuumed out the shavings.

The pipe and all its accompanying parts fit well although I had to trim the hell out of the fairing in front of the pipe. When I could tell that a lot of trimming was going to be necessary I came up with a little mental design and I think it looks better than before.

I don't have a PCIII or high flow filter on the bike so I closed the adjustable baffle a little to keep the bike from running too lean and to save some back pressure. I'd estimate I left it about 60% open. I definitely lost low end torque with this pipe. It was obvious from the beginning that take offs were slower and lacking some power. It's possible that closing the slider/baffle a little more would give me some more back pressure.

As for the sound, its freakin awesome at idle and low rpm cruising like around parking lots and stoplights, etc. On the highway its also LAF and I wore earplugs. Overall I'd have to say that this pipe is not worth the $425 price based on quality of fab and design but the damn thing looks so freakin awesome IMO and the sound is equally awesome. I am not sorry that I bought it since there is no other exhaust that looks and sounds that bad ass. The low end torque loss could possibly be remedied.

Unfortunately, the bike low sided with me on it into a ditch at 60+ yesterday. I bounced on my left hip and smacked my head and stood up without a scratch. My brain was a little fuzzy yesterday and my leg felt like a race horse kicked me and my neck feels like hell but no complaints other than the heartbreak of my bike being completely fuk'd.

Attachment 71052
Attachment 71053

Attachment 71054

PlayfulGod 07-06-2008 06:49 PM

RE: Exhaust Review: Riot Pipe, With Pics

hows that thing in the twisties? Looks like it would scrub.

fl3xt0r 07-06-2008 07:01 PM

man thats what im looking for my f4i but im looking into making a new cbr 1000 muffler work the little stubby.

p4eAaLcLe 07-06-2008 08:33 PM

I like the idea for your plate. Do you have a right up or anything?

dave ls1 07-08-2008 09:06 AM

$425 for that!

masterbrandon 07-08-2008 11:37 AM

Before you purchased did they let you know that you would have to do some cutting to get it to fit?