CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/exhaust-132117/)

Siford06 11-05-2011 09:32 PM

Exhaust

What's a good exhaust to get?

Xander F4i 11-06-2011 07:41 PM

It depends what you currently have...and ultimately, what you are looking for out of a change.
I.e. cheap, quiet, loud, etc.

In other words, we could use a little more info to aid in answering your question. Depending what goal you have in mind a search on "exhaust" would yield many threads already discussed.

Cybertank3 11-16-2011 11:58 AM

Same thing here. I have an 06 and I want to upgrade the exhaust from the stock. I am trying to be frugal as the holidays are approaching, so I don't skimp to kids to reward myself. I want a good tone, I like the deeper ones than the stock offers.

nickp123 11-16-2011 01:20 PM

Well the two brothers are notoriously deep/loud but around $4-500 new, i love the way they sound though and had one on my f4i. Some people hate em but whatever. Yoshis have a nice tone and arent TOO loud but are pricey. Go on youtube and just type in f4i exhaust and youll be able to find sound clips of pretty much every exhaust out there on the bike and you can get a pretty good idea of the tone for each brand. You wont really be able to tell how loud its gonna be in person but again you can get somewhat of an idea. After you find a few you like see what ones most affordable and go with that or go on ebay and see if you can find something used in good condition but for half the price of it new.

chambers 11-16-2011 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cybertank3 (Post 1113666)
Same thing here. I have an 06 and I want to upgrade the exhaust from the stock. I am trying to be frugal as the holidays are approaching, so I don't skimp to kids to reward myself. I want a good tone, I like the deeper ones than the stock offers.

I just read on here the other day about delkevic exhausts Delkevic USA, they're relatively cheap and from the reviews are good quality. I had a erion on my bike when I got it, but since it has some road rash from the previous owner I was looking at maybe a delkevic. If you search on here or youtube you can find some vids and more info.

CBRken 11-17-2011 02:10 AM

Danmoto all day.they are cheap, look great and sound great. 90 bucks for a brand new exhaust is sweet. It's much smaller then all the others, and does the same thing.

Cybertank3 11-17-2011 06:24 AM

Never heard of these Delkevics before, just checked em out. The reviews are really nice, and the price is right too. The sound on youtube shows pretty good tone too. I might be leaning toward one of those.

I'm gonna do some research on the danmoto's though. I thought I read some negative reviews about it so I didn't give em a fair shake. Since you recommend them, I am going to check em out.

CBRken 11-18-2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cybertank3 (Post 1113815)
Never heard of these Delkevics before, just checked em out. The reviews are really nice, and the price is right too. The sound on youtube shows pretty good tone too. I might be leaning toward one of those.

I'm gonna do some research on the danmoto's though. I thought I read some negative reviews about it so I didn't give em a fair shake. Since you recommend them, I am going to check em out.

Yeah man check'em out..they have a few for the f4i...the only one I can say is good is the c/f one. After my buddy had has slip on stolen he went with it....I think it looks and sounds great.

96shox 11-18-2011 01:39 AM

whats the quietest aftermarket exhaust?

chambers 11-18-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 96shox (Post 1113970)
whats the quietest aftermarket exhaust?

I'm not sure, I'd say the bigger delkevic like the 18" one should be pretty quiet w/ the insert/db killer in it. This video gives a good idea of the sound compared to stock, w/ db killer in, and w/ it out SV650S Delkevic Exhaust - YouTube.