CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/exhaust-131723/)

steve0o09 10-19-2011 04:12 PM

Exhaust

so i've been doing quite a bit of research, but cant really make up my mind. i've got it narrowed down between a jardine and a d&d. just going with the slip on's. which one sounds better on our f4i's? i like it loud, but i still want it to have the ricey crotch rocket sound that it should have.

whats your input? and yes i've already listened to them on youtube, but they all pretty much sound the same on the internet.

Incompatible 10-19-2011 04:42 PM

Your best bet is to hook up with some local riders from the forum or other groups to hear it for yourself. As you've noticed, there are to many variables associated with internet recordings and everyone's "ears" are just a little different in what they like. Good Luck.

jeffjones 10-19-2011 05:16 PM

I would personally go with the Jardine as I think they look and sond better.
The D&D's are really loud but I'm not a fan of the sound.

Devil is another good one, I have one and love it.

estate4life 10-19-2011 06:23 PM

Once you narrow it down, go with the next oppitunity that presents itself...as in price? Who wants to pay full retail right...

Once you know D&D, Jardine, Yosh...then find the best bargain...the money you save and apply to your next upgrade....

I started out going with a Yoshi Carbon Fiber (used) for $135 shipped, chit 2 month later I found a NEW V&H for $50 shipped! I buy the V&H, take my Yoshi off and sold it to a friend for less...hook a friend up!! But if the V&H present itself first? It's a no brainer bro...all in all...I love the V&H over Yoshi (personal preference) more of a RUNG RUNG sound.

CBR300 10-20-2011 11:08 AM

Have u heard Level One Racing. one of the best imo
Like it better than my OLD Two Brother carbon...

itlnF4I 10-20-2011 11:14 AM

got a scorpion pipe chopped in half on mine, i love the sound

cnicosiaF4i 10-20-2011 06:01 PM

I have a D&D and its obnoxiously loud. If I had some extra money I'd get a different brand. It was quite a bit quieter and had a nicer sound a few years ago. Im going to repack it in the winter. My opinion is there are numerous better exhausts out there than D&D. I want a devil, but its your call. Find the sound you like and go with it.

Trey929RR 10-20-2011 08:46 PM

If you want loud get the D&D, Like cnicosiaF4i said... its loud...

Kevwa451 10-20-2011 08:53 PM

I like my Jardine quite a bit and everyone I know said my bike sounds really good when I ride by. It's nice and low sounding when idling but it screams nicely in the higher RPM range. But just cruising around at 55 or so in 6th gear I just barely hear it.

steve0o09 10-21-2011 01:00 PM

i'm not worried about being too loud. i'm just wanting it to still sound nice if its loud.

never heard the racing jardine, but i've heard about it. the only exhaust i've personally heard is a two bro's. i liked it, but i dont wanna get the exhaust that everyone has around here.