CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Exhaust? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/exhaust-123135/)

01hondaf4i 03-28-2011 11:11 PM

Exhaust?

Do they sell a shorty exhaust that just comes out a little past peg. The newer r6s and gixxers are like that. I think its called motogp style or something like that. Were can I find one or has someone perfected the under tail exhausts yet?

nickels 03-28-2011 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 01hondaf4i (Post 1031989)
Do they sell a shorty exhaust that just comes out a little past peg. The newer r6s and gixxers are like that. I think its called motogp style or something like that. Were can I find one or has someone perfected the under tail exhausts yet?

like this :icon_wink:

edit....i shouldve turned the mid a little bit so the can wouldnt have been as low ......oddly enough its now on my f4 and looks killer

01hondaf4i 03-29-2011 03:08 AM

Exactly. Were??? Or how?? lol

nickels 03-30-2011 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 01hondaf4i (Post 1032014)
Exactly. Were??? Or how?? lol

its actually a f4 midpipe cut down with a cut down can.... i have the rest of the midpipe and a shorty FMF can if you want them for $60 bucks shipped....it wont elbow to the outside of the bike tho....the mid i have left is more straight so itll be more under the bike

ps...keep in mind you will have to make them fit....ie. cut the mid and maybe shorten the FMF can a little bit so it doesnt hit the tire....it should sound mean as hell

kazspeed 03-30-2011 11:33 AM

Ebay

nickels 03-30-2011 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
just for kicks heres a couple more before i cut the black can down and i believe i ended up shortening the mid so it would tuck a little more

crazychris1981 03-30-2011 12:10 PM

take it fro me it is way easier to do the exuast under the bike rather than an un dertail...i am doing a hidden intail exhaust and its not easy..a lot of things have to be moved and made...i did the rr swing arm and had exhaust shop make a connecting pipe for me.. So far i am about $400 in it and still have to figure out my rear brake setup and tail fairing

01hondaf4i 03-30-2011 02:22 PM

Good point everyone. I though about going strait pipe but its to loud and I dont feel like paying for a dyno tune. I just hate the stock exhaust position. I might just go with a high mount exhaust. Where would be a good place to buy?

Xander F4i 03-30-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by crazychris1981 (Post 1032536)
take it fro me it is way easier to do the exuast under the bike rather than an un dertail...i am doing a hidden intail exhaust and its not easy..a lot of things have to be moved and made...i did the rr swing arm and had exhaust shop make a connecting pipe for me.. So far i am about $400 in it and still have to figure out my rear brake setup and tail fairing

you might invest in a race tail fairing, some heat shielding (like what is on the inside of the lower fairings) as for a tail light, maybe like a 929 or 954 integrated light.

---------

back on topic: as for under body exhaust, it's definitely possible...though the last several attempts I've made to get i quiet enough to suit me, has ended up with some nasty flat spots. though i must mention, that has been with a modified oval car muffler.

__Z__ 03-30-2011 02:35 PM

buy a extra header off ebay, buy a cheap exhaust off ebay, cut the header back to the 2 to 1 conjunction

next shorten the muffler to the desired length to fit under the body

then weld the two together and bolt the header on...

done deal....

i can even sell you a header...

yay me