F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

exessive speed!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exessive speed!

last night at 1am i went faster than i ever have on two wheels.
indicated @ 163, and it was amazing.
the entire time i was thinking "i could die at any second. boom, dead. no chances"
it was pretty scary, not scary enough to not give it more throttle but probly the most scared ive ever been on the bike.
i know im stupid, i know anything coulda happened, but i really had to see what it could do. **** i still had another 1000rpm or so :P
slowing down going that fast is pretty scary too, but all in all im glad i know what it feels like.

plz respond with a congrats or personal experience, we all know the near suicidal risk involved with riding these bikes.
thank you
[8D]

Old 08-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Default RE: exessive speed!

Ejohn Quote (There is a small thread that holds us to this world, it can break very easy. ) Who Loves Ya Baby ?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:40 PM

I'll get there soon enough I think. Of course we all know it's not the smartest thing for us to be doing but we can't help doing it anyway. You take risks in life. Some of us are great at rolling the dice and some unfortunately don't have that kind of luck. My fastest so far is 116. I don't even know what going 163 would be like but I sure as hell am not doing it until I get gear that fits me correctly. My jacket is too big and so is my helmet. I can actually pull my helmet off of my head by grabbing it by the back and sliding it forward over the front of my face. It also falls real low on my face and when I'm tucked it covers my eyes. Salesmen dont know jack ****!

Mike

Old 08-31-2006, 06:43 PM

NOW THATS FAST, No experience here. I went 90 once. Here in Oregon you loose your license for 100mph + for a year. But it's nice to see your still alive to tell your experience. Now slow it down! J/K

Old 08-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...i guess congrats..since it was 1AM so not much traffic...but as an adult i gotta say...damn mang...you crazy mawfaki!

oh yea the fastest i've gone is 146...and then i saw that it was in KM...so like 91

Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 PM

Congrats Five. The fastest I have gone is 150, and let me tell you...it was so so easy to get up to that speed. I think for me that was the scary part. Just seeing my speed jump form 80, 100, 125, to 150 in a matter of seconds was the real shocker. I don't know how your bike felt, but mine felt like I was going 65. So smooth. But...you come down from the high when you realize one little mistake will take your life at those speeds. So, as I tell myself, save hitting those speeds for special occasions.

Oh, and make sure you tell us when you're on COPS for going that fast so we can watch the re-runs. I love seeing people I know on TV.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:38 PM

Hit 141 myself and yeah it is amazing. Be sure to do it in as a controlled setting as possible. Watch out, you will get ripped on for doing this by somebody here. As for me, congrats and good you lived to tell about it...and do it again.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM

IMO going that fast at night is nuts. I mean your headlights can only light up so far down the road and at that speed anything can come up FAST and bite.

But on an empty road where there is no cross traffic etc. in the DAYTIME where you can see forever now that's a different story!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:56 PM

You know how dangerous it is so I am not going to harp on it. Just be careful.

Thanks for doing it when no one else was on the road.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
IDL

Went 220Kph on a stretch of my favorite road. It's pretty long, very straight, has no intersections, great visibility, good shoulders, and I can see when there is no traffic.

At the end of it there is a T junction though so I leave plenty of room to slow down.

It was a little scary to go that fast but the bike was smooth. Felt like I was in a Jet fighter!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: exessive speed!