CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Electrical Problem. Ideas? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/electrical-problem-ideas-154295/)

PiotrTheGreat 03-28-2016 06:53 AM

Electrical Problem. Ideas?

Took it to a shop, still have no idea what it could be

Zealot 03-28-2016 08:17 AM

I'm a total amateur in regards to this, but could it be shorting out? I'd be checking connectors, wires, fuses, etc. Regular and rectifier too while you're at it.

What'd the shop say?

PiotrTheGreat 03-29-2016 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Zealot (Post 1294558)
I'm a total amateur in regards to this, but could it be shorting out? I'd be checking connectors, wires, fuses, etc. Regular and rectifier too while you're at it.

What'd the shop say?

Shop said "stripped screw on positive battery terminal"

They put a new screw on, I'm still getting this

Joe Rogers 04-01-2016 07:53 PM

I hope you didn't pay for that diagnosis! First thing I would do is put a meter on the stator and see what its putting out. This wont fix your problem but if your regulator is putting out too much then you can easily fry electronics. I don't have experience with this on bikes, but I have seen it more than once on cars.

Zealot 04-01-2016 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by PiotrTheGreat (Post 1294576)
Shop said "stripped screw on positive battery terminal"

They put a new screw on, I'm still getting this

You're going to have to start running various tests. I'd grab a meter and check what's going where.

Does the bike only lope like that when it's in neutral? Does rain have any effect on it? You said it in the video, but perhaps it was a slip of the tongue. If it only does that loping in neutral, you could very likely zero in on the potential cause by figuring out where anything related to the neutral light and such happens to be. Could be corroded connectors somewhere.

Sam Scaife 04-07-2016 04:18 PM

guys i had this problem. if you installed led turn signals this will happen. They stay on because the loop is not complete. Look in the random conversations for my little long story. :P hope it helps. (THis can effect your charging capabilities as well.... like mine)

Little edit" check your front wire harness. Pull it apart and check all grounds. the way it strobes looks like bad grounding... also check your connector to the main harness for any damage.

PiotrTheGreat 04-08-2016 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Scaife (Post 1294808)
guys i had this problem. if you installed led turn signals this will happen. They stay on because the loop is not complete. Look in the random conversations for my little long story. :P hope it helps. (THis can effect your charging capabilities as well.... like mine)

Little edit" check your front wire harness. Pull it apart and check all grounds. the way it strobes looks like bad grounding... also check your connector to the main harness for any damage.

Can this be fixed by installing a relay?

I HAD LED turn signals on the front of the bike when I got her, but they've been pulled off by this point

I'll check the harnesses and see if there's anything weird going on. Thanks :)