F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are ecu's very fragile?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Default Are ecu's very fragile?

Hey guys,

Simple enough question... Are ecu's or whatever you want to call the computers in F4i's fragile?

Are they solid state?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I wouldn't exactly put them in the fragile category seeing as how they're meant to withstand the constant vibrations of a motorcycle.

I'm also fairly certain they are solid state, but I don't know for sure. Just a reasonable guess.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Ive been sitting on mine for a few days until my new battery comes in. I would say they are not fragile.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 AM

Fragile... yes and no. They don't like electrical current. There is usually very little current flow in a computer. They are solid state (which simple means the switches inside arent movable switches like your kill switch. They're electronically controlled switches like transistors). As far as standing up to vibrations no problems. Drops I would be concerned about but short ones (a foot or two) chances are it would be fine.