F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

EBAY alpine star look alikes finally came in

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:03 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY alpine star look alikes finally came in

So I am sure you guys all remember me telling you about the alpine star look a likes i found well my buddy liked them and ordered them (i figured if i liked his then i would order a pair) well his came in today (ya shipping took a few weeks) but they are a excellent quality glove... probably not 100% as good as the originals but ide def say 90-95% (EDIT HERE... i changed to 90-95 after looking at the gloves for a while..) the glove fit very well to my hand the knuckle reinforcement seems very tough and well built...

okay those are the ad pics....

now lemme get some pics of them on my hands... (size M)

only reason i gave the gloves a 85-90% build is on the back of your wrist there is a little extra leather there that was a little loose... but then again i have long skinny hands and very small wrists so that could be the problem.... but ide def say if you were waiting on a word back from me to order these ide say they are worth much more than they cost...

the wrinkle you see on my palm is just there because i didnt have the bottom of the glove pulled down as far as i needed to for it to flatten out..

i will be ordering a pair here in the next week or so....

here are some pics.... (give me a few to get them up im at work... ha)

Last edited by __Z__; 03-29-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 AM

I just ordered Alpinestar GP Pro's from Hong Kong, i'll let you know what they look like but they are manufactured by AS just a year old or so, I got them for $105 after shipping, $200 something here new!

How much are the replicas?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM

but i keep putting them on and saying wow... i was kinda starting to get skeptical myself on how well they were going to be build but they are def. not a junk knock off... im half temped to order two pairs just incase this guy stops making them...

Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zmds18... your pics are just little red X's.

Im seriously considering the black version of these. assuming your pics looks like the ads on ebay..

Last edited by Sick97SS; 03-29-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM

hey guys are the pics not working for anyone else?

hey sick... i actually plan on ordering a black pair myself, and ya man the pics on my hands look even better than the ad pics to be honest.. the guy taking the add pics musta had like baby hands... makes it look like the gloves dont fit very well, but in reality they fit like a rubber glove...

i tried to take some pictures of the inside but they didnt come out well.... the inside of the glove is very nice as well... you can tell they added padding in the essential areas... the carbon fiber knuckle guards are top notch... ha i hope you guys can really tell how nice these gloves are... save alot of people some money

Last edited by __Z__; 03-29-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM

Where are the airholes?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i2iSTUDIOS
Where are the airholes?
Good question... do these vent well? don't see alot of airholes. I have some super sweaty hands

Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 AM

I still wouldn't buy them. Anyone can make something look like another product but there is no way I'm questioning the price tag on one of the best manufacturers and looking for mimics to save a few bucks.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 AM

are you that much of a cheap *** that you cant spend the money on a good pair of gloves? The first thing you do when you go down is put your hands out/down yeah yhe ebay gloves might "look like good quality" but i doubt there going to protect your hands.

My Astars are the best glove i have ever had! the one way to make a great fit for your hand is get the size that fits tight/very snug and get them very wet and then go ride they will stretch into your hand and curve to the way your and is on the bike.

Quick Reply: EBAY alpine star look alikes finally came in