F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

dynamic bikes undertail review w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynamic bikes undertail review w/ pics

first, i am not sponsered by nor work for dynamic bikes...just a review of their undertail...

find out more info @ www.dynamicbikes.com or their ebay store...

decision making:
first off, i bought this off ebay for relatively cheap...it came out to $110 shipped plus or minus...i was in the market for an undertail for the longest time and didnt want the cheap china one that everyone has/sells (no offense to anyones bike/choice personally)...hotbodies undertails are nice, but still expensive...dont really like other styles...didnt want an undetail tray that retains stock light because i would still have to buy an integrator (comes out to be the same price about)...so i decided on this one...

preinstall/installation:
installation was straight forward and simple, although the wiring in the instructions was pretty vague...you should be able to figure it out...cutting with a die grinder was a breeze, but watch out for those hot little pieces of plastic flying, lol...a sawzall (sp?) would have been better, but not as much manuverabililty...youre gonna have to get creative to secure the lock cable, but everything fits great and works great...

post installation/first thoughts:
the kit that i received has a defective circuit board...my guess is that one of the capacitors went out, so there is a group of four LEDs that do not light up...

fitment is PERFECT...i cannot stress this enough...after everything went in, and it was time to rivet/drill (i chose to rivet) the undertail to tail section, the measured pilot holes were EXACTLY where it was supposed to be...i work with fiberglass/carbon fiber/urethane materials all the time and i was absolutely amazed at the precision of this kit...everything is factory flush...no gaps, all precurved portions fit perfect, lock cylinder fit nice, nothing; OEM fitment...superior quality opposed to what i hear about the popular cheap ones...

also when deciding on what kit, i read the company's feedback and noticed a lot of ppl raving about their LEDs...these suckers are BRIGHT and i think are wide angle ones (more expensive and efficient ones)...super bright in the day time and esp at night time...these dont have cheap lens that cover the what? four LEDs that defract light on the cheaper ones...honestly i would go as far as to say that this kit and oem are the only things i trust my life/safety with...YES...

customer service:
as mentioned before, one of the circuit boards were defective so i was kinda mad, but called the very next day...well, theyre absolutely awesome with customer service...theyre sending a new one no questions asked...they also offer a 3 year warranty on the circuit boards...

gripes:
would have loved it if it was abs plastic, but the fiberglass is very thick and of high quality...only gripe i would have is that it would have been cool if it came with a license plate light, but then again, majority of undertails dont...

will provide more detailed pictures per anyones request...dont mind the dust and stuff, its all fiberglass/plastic bits from installation...my primitive camera doesnt really capture the brightness of this setup, but im sure you get the idea...well, without further ado, here are the pictures:

undertail in day time:
Name:  DSCN1546.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  79.8 KB

lock cylinder:

running lights with left signal...my outdated camera DOES NOT do these LEDs justice...ITS BRIGHT (notice the four out making it sort of a chevron shape, lol):

night shot of running lights with flash:

blurry night shot of running lights w/o flash (you kinda get a be

Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Default RE: dynamic bikes undertail review w/ pics

oh, also, i was too lazy to rest a brick or whatever on the brake pedal to take some brake shots, but needless to say, imagine the last two pictures of the running lights w/o flash x10 in brightness...ch'yeah...

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM

I like it.....

Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM

I went on the website and the only undertail they have for Honda is for the RC51. I havent seen one on Ebay either.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: F4itanner

I went on the website and the only undertail they have for Honda is for the RC51. I havent seen one on Ebay either.
I second this

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM

only been a few days and have received many compliments from buddys and other riders...cant wait to receive the new circuit board!!!

heres their ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Dynamic-Bikes

heres the two completed F4i listings since mine:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/sea...=32%26fsoo%3D2

one just ended so theyre not offering any atm, but keep a look out...

Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 PM

How come i cant see the pic's in the original post??

Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 PM

yay! were back online!!!

the pics work for me...anyways:

followup:
their customer service is unrivaled...the new circuit board came in a day and a half later...popped it right in...and everything is perfect...pics:

Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM

to each of their own but i personally like the one that uses the stock tail light. But it looks sweet thought.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM

Not really feelin it, but i did see one on ebay. Kinda pricey though.

Quick Reply: dynamic bikes undertail review w/ pics