CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Dye A Motorcycle Jacket? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/dye-motorcycle-jacket-106206/)

__Z__ 02-19-2010 02:45 PM

Dye A Motorcycle Jacket?

I currently have no riding jacket a buddy here at work said he would sell me his leather joe rocket YAMAHA jacket he has for 25 bucks... (which i though was real nice considering its only a season old) its blue white and black and says YAMAHA on it.... getting rid of the Yamaha isnt going to be hard. But ide really prefer the jacket be black/red/white (to match the colors of my bike)... if i use leather dye do you think it would work for changing the blue to red? If not ill just use it as is since its pretty much free and a good jacket....

this sounds like a weird question i know but it bugs me haha

thanks guys

Sick97SS 02-19-2010 02:58 PM

Man thats a stretch from blue to red. There are a ton of writeups on google on how to dye leather.

ebay has a good writeup. but i wouldnt expect a bright bold red to come out of it.

good luck and take some pics.

Hope you don't wind up with a $25 purple jacket lol!

PlayfulGod 02-19-2010 03:12 PM

I doubt you get it to go red. Purple or black maybe, forget white.

__Z__ 02-19-2010 03:16 PM

hey guys thanks for the replys... i may just end up going all black with some patches of white here and there... prolly would be the easiest thing to do...

PlayfulGod 02-19-2010 03:18 PM

and black matches everything ;)

__Z__ 02-19-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 885204)
and black matches everything ;)

lol bikes gonna be gloss black itselft so itll match perfectly... i just wanted something brighter so i could be seen better but beggars can be choosers haha :icon_teeth:

ars1986 02-19-2010 06:33 PM

dude you dont need to match just ride with it how it is for 25 bucks and keep using it till you can save up money to buy the jacket you want. and if you dont dye it when you do save up the money to buy the one you want you can turn around and sell this one to some sucker for atleast 3 times what you paid for it. ha ha:icon_teeth:

leo_black_label 02-19-2010 07:34 PM

i just got a black tracksuit w blue and white accents-
i blacked the blue no problem with Griffin shoedye. the kind w the dauber inside the lid...
blue to red you couldnt dye , but you could paint...
lots of the brightly coloured leather things out there are actually painted- think like bright coloured furniture, wallets, shoes etc...
good luck-

PlayfulGod 02-19-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 885205)
lol bikes gonna be gloss black itselft so itll match perfectly... i just wanted something brighter so i could be seen better but beggars can be choosers haha :icon_teeth:

you could put bells and whistles on, flashing n strobing LEDs and sirens, and ppl still wouldnt see you any better ;)

Thay would have to pay attention ;)

Kuroshio 02-19-2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 885290)
you could put bells and whistles on, flashing n strobing LEDs and sirens, and ppl still wouldnt see you any better ;)

Thay would have to pay attention ;)

Lol at night? Best defense at night is DON'T STOP MOVING! :D