F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

dropped it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dropped it!

so what is the technique in picking up a bike, i had my hand on the bar and a hand on the tail and trying to lift it, but as soon as the tires touched the ground it turned into dead weight and i couldnt get i up much more than that, and stopped since all i seemed to be doing is rocking it back n forth on the gravel, making more scratches, im sure there is a way since i've heard of people alot smaller and scrawnier than me picking them up

Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 PM

If you cant pick your bike up by urself theres some problems, there aint always gonna be someone around, just be a man and have some dignity left and pick it up.j/k man, but i sure am glad i can pick my bike up bymyself. just grab the handlebars and give it hell.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Every one I know has done that....it happens and that is why frame sliders were invented.
Frame sliders were invented in case you "drop" your bike??? sure they savethe fairingsin a 1mphdrop, but they are meant to save your "frame" from being bentin a slide or initial hit when crashing, they dont help your fairings to much when your goin 60, right?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
stx

welcome to the dropsy club..... I'm not only the owner, I'm a client.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:35 AM

The proper way to pick up your bike is to have your back/butt turned to the bike, squat down, grab one handle, and lift with your legs.

There's a thread somewhere of a lady picking up cruisers and such.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 AM

Sorry to hear that man, but your turn is done. Just get out and continue what you were doing, you'll forget bout it

Old 04-24-2007, 06:17 AM

talk about dropping bikes. i dropped mine for the 6th time yesterday going up a hill and panicing and stalling out. broke my mirror(glued it back together) and scratch/crack my headlight fairings(touch up paint). today i rode all day a little nervous but no drops. the small lady picking up the cruisers is bull**** because they have side saddles which make the bike really high off the floor. on the a sport bike it is almost flat. you need to put your armsand grab the frame facing the floor, and use your legs to push the bike up. remember, you need tograb and push with legs, not pullwith arms. also its hard to push "up" so just push towards the side and the bike will go up.trust me im an expert and picking my bike up. im 5'6 125lbs

Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 AM

I had the unpleasant experience of my first drop last night. How embarassing. I'm glad noone was outside on my street to see.

It was a stupid rookie mistake. Pulled into the driveway while I fumbled to find the button to the garage door opener in my pocket. I went wide left and the front wheel went off the driveway into the grass. Stupid me, I could have just rode into the grass and all would have been fine, but no, I just had to try to get the front wheel back onto the driveay, As soon as I tried to turn it back to the right, the bike forced itself onto its right side. Almost caught the weight of the bike on my right leg, but it was too quick and unexpected. Mirror snapped right off and put a small scrape on the muffler. Thank god for sliders. Adrenaline (and maybe a little embarassment) kicked in and pulled that 459 lbs right up.

I really thought that it would never happen to me.....

Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol YAAAAAAY, my turn to add!

so yesterday i took the bike out. when i came back around the side of my house to put the bike up, i stopped parralel to the riding mower. i was literally only about a foot or two from it. i leaned over gently to place my helmet on the mower while i put the bike away. my left knee pressed to hard on the tank pushing it......at the same time.....my right foot slid in the grass (here's me-->[:@]). so it was beyond the point of getting it back up. my right leg couldnt get the bike back over so only thing left for me to do was let it down as slow and gentle as i could.....sacrificing my right leg to the hot pipe (here's me again--->[:@]) and as i let it down slow as possible.........*POP* went my right mirror. i went right in the house and ordered a new one. took off the left one for now so im not riding around looking like a ant w/ one antennea, haha.

so there's my contribution to the list! [8D]

Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM

i dropped my bike before i ever even rode it. mine was a salvage and the stator cover was cracked, so it was unridable, but i broguht it home to my house. I had to move it to my brothers house, which is like .25 miles down the road, so me and my brother just pushed it (up hill) and rode it down the hills (FYI i did most of the damn pushing!). Anyways when we got to his garage i was so exhausted i went to push it back to its spot and it tipped over right in my hands. I felt like such a jackass. I coudn't even come close to picking it up, but i was really tired (which is why i dropped it in the first place). so has anyone dropped theirs sooner than that?? all that happened was 2 nicks in the vynl [:@]

Quick Reply: dropped it!