F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Don't pressure wash your bike.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't pressure wash your bike.

Just put new tires on it. New plugs, oil change. The thing was running great. There's a big group ride tomorrow and I had it all ready to go, other than it was dirty as hell. I stopped on the way home at the car wash and washed it all up. Damn thing wouldnt start, so I held the throttle open and got it to start but it won't run on its own. luckily i live a quarter mile away so i was able to limp it home. I blew out all the electrical connectors with an air compressor. I found 2 of the vac lines and come undone and thought great that'll do it, but it didnt. I can get it to start if i hold the throttle wide open but it dies as soon as i let off. I misplaced my compression adapter for these little plugs so I havent been able to check the compression yet, but I fear I might have cooled the head to quickly f'in the valves up. It runs just like it did when I bought it, which was the intake valves to tight. The bad thing is it could also be something electrical. Anyone else ever run into this?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah i have pressure washed my bike many times i just never get to close with the wand just enough to get the soap off just give it a little while it should start tmrw or if you have access to a compressor blow the bike off every nook and cranny

Last edited by slinky; 03-06-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Give it time to dry off maybe you got some conecters wet. Just do a good check and look at every thing.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 PM

I used to pressure wash my bike and car,sometimes car engine,but always leave bike running,if you must pressure wash your baby.But i now just hand wash ordo a light dusting and some quick polish spray!!

When pressure washing car engines,always take caution not get alternator wet and thats even when car is running.I also stopped going to pressure wash places,when i found out all they do is resuse the water over and over.Its never fresh water,its semi recycled water.YUCK

But yea let the bike dry out and go from there,cant be anything major.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 PM

Honda recommends being careful if you pressure wash your bike. You have to make sure you don't blow a bunch of water into the two intake ports on the front of your bike. Maybe you blew too much water into the air intake!@?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had it all apart 4 or 5 times. It wasnt the airfilter and I don't know what electrical component it was either. I blew out every connector and module with the air compressor and nada. The next morning the same thing but it wouldnt even fire. I did it again and found the plugs were severly flooded. I pulled the fuel pump power wire so it wouldnt feed anymore fuel and feeled the cylinders with ether. still wouldnt start but got it to popping the power the pump back up and it fire right up. Don't know for sure what it was but I got to go on the group ride and put 400 miles on it and its fine now.