F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does this seem like a good bike for my first?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this seem like a good bike for my first?

Im 16 and im wanting to get my 1st bike I have $2200 right now and this one is only $2500 does it seem like a good deal? and I do have experience on motorcycle I've been riding for about 7 years and racing motocross and cross country for 3 years so its not like im jumping on a bike and knowing nothing at all. I am on a budget and cant be spending $5000 im trying to stay under $3500 and this seems like a pretty nice bike for the price but you guys know more about them so i'll let you tell me
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/995765492.html

Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Default RE: Does this seem like a good bike for my first?

seems like a good deal to me if damage isnt too bad and everything is good mechanically. i payed 3500 for mine with right around the same miles. but it didnt have a scratch on it and had a few aftermarket parts.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 PM

I just emailed the guy to ask for more pics of it so i can see the damage and asked how it runs and stuff but im still waiting for a reply I'll let you know what he says

And you got any tips to kinda change my moms mind about letting me get it? She is kinda scared about it because my uncle died on one, I think there is about a same chance of me getting hurt racing(and it has lol) and driving.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:37 PM

Looks good bro, new fairings are not that much and a f4i is a good starter bike.Go for it its a steel.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 PM

IMO, a bit much for a street bike considering your age, regardless of your previous racing experience.

Asphalt is much less forgiving than dirt, not only when you crash on it, but how it affects the dynamics of amotorcycle all together.

With your budget, you can get a brand new Ninja 250 - it looks just like a modernsupersport, and at 16 years of age, your power/weight ratio will be favorable for enough acceleration to put a big smile on your face every time.

Just a thought...

Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM

the problem is im to big for a ninja and I hate the way they look well the old ones but the new ones are pretty nice but I am already to big for one im 6' and about 150
and i do understand a streetbike is a big step up from a dirtbike and asphalt is way worse than dirt, but im not going to be jumping it and going as fast as i can around corners, and im deff. not going to get out there in the first few months trying to stunt it

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM

sounds like a good deal...just have your mechanic or a friend that knows check it out...have fun & be carefull youngster...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 PM

If you get a chance bring a friend that knows bikes to look at it. 2500 Bucks for a 02 CBR f4i sounds really cheap to me. I have the same exact bike and I got it for 4k and it only had 2,000 miles on it. You want to check the forks and make sure the frame is not damaged. Also ask them why they are selling it and how did it get the cosmetic damage... After looking at bikes on Craigslist and founding out theone I saw was stolen i'm extra careful.

600 is a little much for your first bike just make sure the speed does not consume you.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Get the F4i. You will get so tired of a 250.....after about 100 miles. You'll be saying why the F did I get a 250? F4i all the way bro!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:02 PM

i got an f4i as my first bike a year ago when i was 21.. i had an 1975 honda 100xl street/dirt bike when i was younger and that was all the experience i had.. i think its a nice bike to start if you have any kind of throttle control. i couldnt imagine starting on anything smaller but thats just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Does this seem like a good bike for my first?