F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know?

I am looking for some frame sliders that I dont have to drill a hole in my newly painted bike. I know I should have already done this install but you live and learn, also from what I have read that the style sliders that do go through the plastic are stronger. I dont care if this is the case I dont want to drill a 2 inch hole in my plastic. Thanks for any info

Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Does anyone know?

None of the big names (shogun, vortex, lockhart phillips) make no cuts for any f4i.
but honestly.... whats the point? cause they will break and your paint job is done anyways.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:30 PM

Hey bro go on ebay , thay have some coo ones and pretty strong, i bought a pair of t-rex sliders they bolt direcly to the lower engine bolt.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 PM

hey repyosolhow long have you had these and have you (hopefully not) dropped the bike on them. I do like the way that these look so I was just wondering if you could post a pic of your bike with them installed. Thanks for the help have a good one

Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 PM

please don't violate your bike with the kind of sliders you are talking about. The amount of force that your bike will go down at will easily bend or break that metal from the trex's. A lot of times, even with woodcraft or vortex sliders the bolts that bolt into the engine mount are even bent. Frame slider arent meant to protect plastics even though everyone thinks they are, they are meant to protect your frame and keep it from bending from the crash, they do help protect bodywork, but that is just a bonus.

I would go from vortex or woodcraft sliders. Sure, they take a bit to install and you have to drill plastics, but its worth it in the end.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Frame slider arent meant to protect plastics even though everyone thinks they are
I`m one of them

Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont even waste you time with no cuts. Is trying to avoid cutting a hole in your fairing worth a cracked/busted cylinder head??? If you dont want to cut holes in the fairings, then dont, but dont put no cuts on it either.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

dont even waste you time with no cuts. Is trying to avoid cutting a hole in your fairing worth a cracked/busted cylinder head??? If you dont want to cut holes in the fairings, then dont, but dont put no cuts on it either.
+1.....i was scared spitless to cut into my precious plastics, but after checking out some tutorials, there really isnt anything you can do wrong, measure 8x, cut once.....