CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Does anybody have serious motor work done? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/does-anybody-have-serious-motor-work-done-124584/)

HarleyZ28 04-27-2011 03:40 PM

Does anybody have serious motor work done?

Just wondering if anybody here has any serious motor work done, heads,cam,bottom half, etc, and if you do what kind of power your pushing.

Sick97SS 04-27-2011 03:55 PM

I think last time someone asked about upgrading the F4i internals the general concensus was that it would be much cheaper to just buy a liter bike.

It would be nice to have an F4i "sleeper"

Slick 6 04-27-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS (Post 1045508)
I think last time someone asked about upgrading the F4i internals the general concensus was that it would be much cheaper to just buy a liter bike.

It would be nice to have an F4i "sleeper"

Yep, the money you would spend to get top numbers with this machines would make it not worthy.

I don't have any major work done on the bike but everyone has is own mind so if you do decide to do it, please post it!!!

HarleyZ28 04-27-2011 04:17 PM

Well I think it could be worth it, I know the 01 and 02 F4i's in the quarter are damn near running with 1000cc bikes, So I figure if you would throw a cam and do some head work that you could beat a 1000cc in the quarter.

coolbluedab 04-27-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by HarleyZ28 (Post 1045520)
Well I think it could be worth it, I know the 01 and 02 F4i's in the quarter are damn near running with 1000cc bikes, So I figure if you would throw a cam and do some head work that you could beat a 1000cc in the quarter.

until you run into a modded 1000.... which increases power much faster with less money. in the end... when things are already tuned highly... there is no replacement for displacement.

jp_greenville13 04-27-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by coolbluedab (Post 1045527)
until you run into a modded 1000.... which increases power much faster with less money. in the end... when things are already tuned highly... there is no replacement for displacement.

:icon_goodpost:

I'm glad I don't have that "need more" feeling. I do get that with a cage but I've grown up a bit and don't drive like an a$$hole on the street anymore. I've been riding for a few years and my 600 is still plenty fast for me and I think it always will be.:icon_shrug: Keep us posted if you do go with some modding ;) It's always fun to change things :P

F34Me? 04-27-2011 05:58 PM

I have been on the track at Philip Island in Melbourne with a friends Aprilia 250RS, and owned both a CBR250RR (MC19) and VFR400R (NC30) which I did track days with there. These bikes all have crazy power/weight ratios and for a guy who is around 165 or so, the F4i feels very heavy and clumsy. I think people worry too much about power and don't learn how to control the weight and balance of the machine. I'd take on an F4i with my VFR any day at the track and I am pretty sure the Aprilia would blow them both out of the water! My point is, if you have to ask on a forum about whether or not you should beef up the engine in the F4i you probably aren't ready for more power anyway...

boredandstroked 04-27-2011 07:24 PM

At best you might get up to stock 600rr power. Everyone on here obviously thinks its a bad idea but I get it. Sometimes ppl just like a certain model for more then its specs and cost. If thats the case then give it a try, any other reason forget it.

rd91si 04-28-2011 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by HarleyZ28 (Post 1045504)
Just wondering if anybody here has any serious motor work done, heads,cam,bottom half, etc, and if you do what kind of power your pushing.

If your just drag racing bang for the buck would be to change the gearing.

Slick 6 04-28-2011 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by F34Me? (Post 1045557)
I have been on the track at Philip Island in Melbourne with a friends Aprilia 250RS, and owned both a CBR250RR (MC19) and VFR400R (NC30) which I did track days with there. These bikes all have crazy power/weight ratios and for a guy who is around 165 or so, the F4i feels very heavy and clumsy. I think people worry too much about power and don't learn how to control the weight and balance of the machine. I'd take on an F4i with my VFR any day at the track and I am pretty sure the Aprilia would blow them both out of the water! My point is, if you have to ask on a forum about whether or not you should beef up the engine in the F4i you probably aren't ready for more power anyway...

I had one and you won't believe how much I miss it. It was a 92 RWB and that gear driven cam sound was awesome.
You're right, that little girl could handle the twisties and hand over the ass to alot of newer bikes. She was a bit heavy but really balanced and a pleasure to throw around corners.
Damn I miss her.