F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Do you love your F4i or, what ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Do you love your F4i or, what ?

Yea man the F4i is a GREAT bike!! I bought my '04 new 10-17-04 and have loved every minute of it, and still love the bike to death! It's probably one of the best all around "does everything well" kind of bike...... more or less the Honda Accord of sportbikes. It's plenty fast and can hang with the rest of 'em just fine, plus the ergos are way better than the RR's and many other bikes, and still works great for daily commuting and long trips. Mine gets used dauly for my 88 mile/day commute, plus roadtrips on the weekends. I think my odometer speaks for itself, 80,000 miles in 2 years 3 months and 8 days... I just love the damn thing! It's been a dream too, unbeatable reliability... mine has never once had any issues whatsoever, just normal wear and tear stuff and maintenance. The '04+ are definitely more comfy with the banana seat, but that's up to you. Mine had it and I like how comfy it was but got sick of the fugly look, so I did the split seat tail swap.

Seriously though if you're looking for a bike that does a lil of everything, you really can't go wrong with an F4i. You'll love it, I promise!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have the 06, and 6 weeks and 1100 miles later couldn't be happier. take it to work during the week and sport-tour with it on the week-end. it does it all . here in fla, there are still some 06's on the floors. if you can find one , sit on it, and if you like it, buy it. you wont be sorry.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 PM

The F4i is the first sportbike I have owned, all my other bikes were cruisers. I love mine to death. I would never sell it for any amount of money. I have put too much time and work into it.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 AM

Well you're going to get some what of a biased opinion in here.[8D]

I just rode my baby for the first time in over a month from her hibernating for the winter and me finally finishing up polishing her rims. Meant to ride for about 10 minutes to warm her up and such...but turned out to be a joy ride of about an hour! Felt soooo good.

Comfort, looks, reliability, Honda reputation and quality, mpg, smooth power...you get the idea.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:42 AM

I love my F4i.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:55 AM

I highly recomend the f4i. i got my 06 in october and have put
8700 mls. on it the only downside i notice is the heat that comes
off the engine in the summer time. it can get hot enough to
burn the inside of your legs. but i still love the bike, after all
say it with me,
Its still a HONDA!!!
[sm=massbounce.gif]
06 yellow f4i
stock
8700mls.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 AM

yah Hondas run hot, but I have found that I hit 225 is normal for temp and I don't worry about it, when you burn your legs, just flare them out and let the wind cool your legs down.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:15 AM

i was actually wondering about that today, i was riding around n the left side of my seat was getting extremely warm, it almost felt like my cars seat warmers.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 AM

I got my 06 blue F4i last Sept. Love it so much... This is my first sportbike. The ride is comfy and easier to take care of (I think). I was looking a starter bike, my friends suggest Suzuki's SV, but when I got in the dealer, the F4i fits me better. Good look, good value, and everything seems fits me better. I have put over 1600 miles since I have it.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:42 AM
BB

ORIGINAL: philnyc

ampfp said in his post that Honda d/c'd producing the F4i. and it surely looks that way. He also said that the manufacture is obligated to support it for the next 10 yrs . So it's Only 10yrs and that's it ; they stop making the parts ? I mean my ZX-6E is f/m '94 and any parts I want f/m ground up are available. I don't have any experiance w/ Honda , so is that what they do ?: only produce replacement parts for a decade and then no mo' original parts ?
Phil
Basically, Honda has to produce parts for at least 10 years, but a lot of parts will get reused on other bikes and a lot of dealers will still have parts well after the 10 years are up. Then there's always ebay, so I wouldn't worry about it. I have a '90 VTR250 that I still have no problems getting parts for.

Quick Reply: Do you love your F4i or, what ?