F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

DiFuXioN's CBR PROJECT

Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like I said in the pic thread, looks great. Nice job!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I have completed my bike and am currently riding extended I wanted to add my personal feedback on this mod.

I was a bit skeptic at first but thanks to:
GOTCBR
PLAYFULGOD
POLISH MAN
I got a lot of great information and went forward with my plans

As for first impression I would have to say it rides much better than I expected.
You can actually turn almost like before and only notice the change in U turns where they are now a bit wider but not by much. This keeping in mind I only extended 3" of course is a good deal for me.

During normal rides you will also need to apply a bit more force to lets say change lanes or cut by cars but it is not really even noticable. The U turn thing is a bit more noticable...

Not that I can go down a mountain bend road at 60mph but I did not do that to begin with, so under normal circumstances it is all in all a nice mod if you like extended bikes. If anyone would like to check how I ride to compare one of my exhaust test videos show a bit of that.

Personally I like them extended just a bit and that is why we modified it to 3" and I have to say I am very pleased with the results.

As for instalation:
We modified the break holder to extend the bike only 3" instead of the 4"-to-6" it would normally do with these extensions...

Here is a measure from the original tire hugger space:

I have to say I am very pleased with these results and would recomend this to anyone who likes them. Unless you ride on track or hard turns mountain bends of course...
And they are easily removable so you can take them on and off as you please

Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing that looks a little off is the hugger.
Definitely doesnt flow with the strech, Not sure if it would look better without it or maybe modify it.
But all in all you have done lots to that bike and you will surely not see another one just like it.

Do you have any close up pics of your seats?
They are exactly what I am looking at and just wanted to see what the material looks like and the contrast between their colour and the bikes paint.

Cheers,

Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Only thing that looks a little off is the hugger.
Definitely doesnt flow with the strech, Not sure if it would look better without it or maybe modify it.
But all in all you have done lots to that bike and you will surely not see another one just like it.

Do you have any close up pics of your seats?
They are exactly what I am looking at and just wanted to see what the material looks like and the contrast between their colour and the bikes paint.

Cheers,
I thought the same about the hugger, it can be done but to do it right would take welding new bases for the hugger and painting or touch up... I thought about how to do this so it looks good and at the moment I just left it as is. At some pont down the road I might move the hugger 2" so it is closer to the tire.

The seats match nicely the material I used was carbon type silver and carbon type black because I dont like the teaxture of plain vynil...

The closest pic's I have are these:

The pictures where taken with iPhone4 and they make the color match perfect, which in reality is not "perfect" but is "really-really" close

This is an actual HD picture from a better CAM and as you can see the color matches seamlessly with the paint

I had posted a few pages back some info on an Ebay seller that does these seats, I used a local shop but the materials are the same.
The Ebay seller has more styles to choose from...

I hope that helps

Thanks for your feedback

Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seats look good!
I am probably going to grab them off ebay for my B-day in July, Easy gift from the GF since I will do all the work lol.
I was already talking to that johnnyboy guy and he offered em a good deal.

Where did you get the silver strap?

Thats probably the only thing that would make it look bad with the black strap across the silver.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
The seats look good!
I am probably going to grab them off ebay for my B-day in July, Easy gift from the GF since I will do all the work lol.
I was already talking to that johnnyboy guy and he offered em a good deal.

Where did you get the silver strap?

Thats probably the only thing that would make it look bad with the black strap across the silver.

Yeah the black strap kills the looks
I had actually done it with the black strap then went back to the shop and had them cover the black strap with the same carbon type silver used for the seat. You can take it to a local shop and have them cover the black one as I did; the silver carbon type vynil should be the same color anywhere so it should match and you can always compare it before hand.
Also it is a very simple mod since the strap is removable with 2 screws under the seat...

Also you can leave the strap out if you would like, I think that is for the passenger to grab onto or something I dont really know...
I ride solo so for me it is just cosmetic. Also since I lowered it I am unsure how she will behave with a passenger I will have to check if my GF ever gets the courage to ride a motorcycle

Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Where did you buy that gas cap decal that says "F4i"? I've been looking but can't find any anywhere

Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by MICHAELxMLB
Where did you buy that gas cap decal that says "F4i"? I've been looking but can't find any anywhere
Sorry for the late reply. I got the Gas Cap in eBay. I did a search in google and a few online shops have them but when I called few still had any available.

It is made with very good material and to this day months after I sticked it still lookes great and my bike sleeps outside! very nice. It's a shame I think they stoped doing them. you still might find something on eBay...

Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM

Tha one trick ride you have there difuxionx

Moses