F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Detailed questions on Puig DB windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed questions on Puig DB windscreen

I'm thinking of getting a Puig double-bubble windscreen for my '06 F4i, in either clear or light smoke, and I have a couple of questions. I haven't found any photos of exactly the style I'm looking for, so maybe someone on the board who has one can tell me:

- Is there a dark/black tint in the lower part of the windscreen to hide the back of the instrument panel?

- Are there any logos or other markings printed on, besides stickers I can remove?

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Puig does, or at least used to, have a clear screen w/ dark patch at the bottom. Its does have "600 F" & "Puig" printed on that dark portion. See here... http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/p...0f4i%20clr.htm

I don't think that print can be removed but you could simply cover it w/ some black vinyl or paint, or cover w/ a sticker, if you really didn't like it that much.

I got a dark smoke Puig double bubble for my wife's SV & it didn't have anything but a sticker on it. I had to look high & low for it too!

NOTE: The first Puig we got, the top holes didn't line up. We had to get a replacement. The second one fit great.

Good luck.