F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default depreciation

So I understand the simple concept of rockets depreciating fast and not holding their value BUT in people's opinions, when is it time to sell?

Last season I boughtan 01 f4i all stock and only 4,000 miles on it-mint!! Right now it's worth 3,800 and i paid 500 more for it. From the more experienced riders in here-will the depreciation taper off a little more and the value not drop so much from year to year? just a thought

Old 01-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: depreciation

Its time to sell a bike when either you don't enjoy it anymore or want a different bike more. Otherwise keep it. Value is not a consideration for me.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 AM

Do you get the value from kelly blue book? If so, their value assumes a lot higher miles than what you have on the bike (they assume28,300 for a 2001), therefore making it worth more than stated. Also, if any aftermarket parts on it that also increases the value. KBB does not take that into affect. And yes, decreciation will slow down from year to year, but like bored said if you enjoy it just KEEP IT!

Check the link below and then click on mileage/condition and that is where I got the info
http://www.kbb.com/kbb/OtherVehicles...mp;YearId=2001

Old 01-15-2009, 08:43 AM

its not the time to sell anything right now
i would keep it until ur ready to upgrade to a 1k if u ever do that
or if u stay with 6's then i would just keep it til ur ready to move to an rr or another brand
i wouldnt count ongetting a very big amount of it
even if it is mint, no one is buying anything so it will be hard to get as much as kbb says

Old 01-15-2009, 09:05 AM

^+1

KBB over prices and any aftermarket stuff you add does not add to the price. If you get $500 less than what you paid for it consider that a good deal. I love seeing F2's and F3's going for 3500 when they should be less than 2000.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 AM

i think kbb or nada have nothing to do with the value your bike is it all has to do with the market in your city if everyine is selling bike for no less then $4k then your will be what the market is selling at thats my opinion ....

Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Good point ranger. I was strictly going off of what it is worth excluding this market. KBB does take into account where you live (they ask for a zip code). Also, if gas prices go up again this summer like all the analysts are saying then that will help increase the price also.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: boredandstroked

Its time to sell a bike when either you don't enjoy it anymore or want a different bike more. Otherwise keep it. Value is not a consideration for me.
I agree... my value comes from me just knowing what i got invested in my bike and how much hard work it took to get it!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: boredandstroked

I totally agree... if it works and you enjoy who cares what the value or what others think... Rock the F4I dude...

Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Kbb and Nada is not for bikes..... It all depends on the seller and buyer and how much homework you do before buying. I think Honda is one of the bikes that keeps its Value. Some people look on millage and buil their price around it. But when it comes to Honda thats nothing to worry about.