CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   debate k&n. Final Match!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/debate-k-n-final-match-7822/)

fizripxxx 01-13-2006 11:43 AM

debate k&n. Final Match!!

i have a 2001 600 f4i with a two brother's exhaust. i am going to order the pc3 commander and i already ordered the k&n air filter. i have been reading a lot of debates over this filter. some say i will only see improvement with the commander and the exhaust and the custom map. is it even worth the trouble of switching the filter? and what differences am i going to notice by JUST installing a power commander on my bike with the two bros exhaust? i see this debate around the site but the setup is different than mine. also what hyper white bulbs do you guys reccomend? thanks!!!!!!!! -andy

doncollins 01-13-2006 12:40 PM

RE: debate k&n. Final Match!!

I still have regular H7 bulbs... so I'm no help there.

The K&N filter... I would say bull**** to anyone that says the can "FEEL" difference with or with out it. The difference is not enough to tell because you're only getting an extra pony or two. It doesn't hurt the performance. That is why I have one. It's much cheaper to take it out and clean it than it is to buy a new one.

All of this is my opinion... and I could be wrong, but try and prove it. If you take your bike stock and run it on a dyno 10 times back to back... you're going to see 10 different numbers. So how can we accurately measure the pros and cons of the filter? Simple truth is, more air is better as long as it's clean air.

Repsol1 01-13-2006 01:25 PM

I think K&n filters sholuld only be used on race day. Its been proven that they dont filter as well as a stock filter. I will try and find the article about it and Post it. I just don't think its worth the extra 1-2 horses.

Tahoe SC 01-13-2006 07:43 PM

yo mang...K&N is a site sponsor, yet they do not come and try and defend their products...WTH?
the only thing good about them is the reusablenss of them.

Don, i felt the difference with my K&N...my bike felt faster because my wallet was lighter...buahahha...but within 2 years, my bike was sluggish because my wallet was so heavy from the bling i saved from not having to get new stock filters.

fizripxxx 01-13-2006 09:59 PM

i'm going to put it in just so i won't have to keep replacing the stock filter. if it gives a couple of horsies i won't be upset.i am going to buy the power commander this week. is 275 a good price? and do i NEED to have a custom map of the bike???

fishfryer527 01-13-2006 10:57 PM

Silverstar bulbs.

doncollins 01-14-2006 12:31 AM

Tahoe SC... have you looked at the link for K&N on here? I don't know who sales the advertising, but they can sell air conditioners to Eskimos... it's for cars and trucks. You can't look up motorcycles on it... unless I'm missing that link.

What about Silverstar bulbs?

$275 isn't a bad price... and the custom map is not ABSOLUTLEY necessary, but will give you more.

How many times can I edit this??? Ok, Muz just corrected me. When I tried to look up my bike (2005 CBR600RR) it's not listed and all the options are for cars and so on. But if I change the year to 2004... it's there. It's the same filter.

randall 01-14-2006 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

yo mang...K&N is a site sponsor, yet they do not come and try and defend their products...WTH?

Don, i felt the difference with my K&N...my bike felt faster because my wallet was lighter...buahahha...but within 2 years, my bike was sluggish because my wallet was so heavy from the bling i saved from not having to get new stock filters.

Ill be GLAD to help you with your proublm. Just send the funds my way!:D:D:D

Tahoe SC 01-16-2006 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: randall

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

Ill be GLAD to help you with your proublm. Just send the funds my way!:D:D:D
sorry mang...my wife beat you to it! hahaha...
yea mang...air conditioner, etc...no help there mang!
silverstars are some nice bulbs mang...i have it in one eye. the other one has the philips foul weather bulb. good combo...one lights it all up with lots of brightness, the yellow is really good for shorter distances and gives better contrast with asphalt than all white stuff...