F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Daytona triple 675's

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona triple 675's

Now pre-2006 these bikes were junk but starting 06-08 I can contest that they are a work of art...and 09-10 are even better...I checked an 06 out this weekend at the weekly car/bike show-meet. It was an 06 (first year) and hot damn those things look nice. Didn't know much about them and read up on them today and wow what a machine...What's everyone's thoughts on these bikes?

To me it seemed:
Pro's- triple (3 cylinder) and 675cc ='s TONS of torque and power all over the band......the 09/10's are lighter than our bikes(356lb) and basically unmatched craftsmanship

Con's - high seat position and low bars make you ride "In" the bike...may be uncomfortable for most and def. not a cruiser...not a beginner bike? "Gel" seat looks pretty ghey to me...I've read the seat gets very hot on long trips as well. for 06-08 they are 390lb dry (as opposed to our 370lb dry)

Just wanted everyone's opinion on these bikes..and if you haven't seen one in person, you should go check one out

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 09-13-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 AM

I'll take my I4 over an I3 any day of the week.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the guys in my club has one and its allways giving him problems. Were allways clowning on him. Not sure what year it is tho.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by teko1020
I'll take my I4 over an I3 any day of the week.
Don't get me wrong..I love our I4's...but why do you say that? The I3 in these 675's produces more torque and HP in all ranges, and in a more linear fashion than our bikes..unfortunately

Old 09-13-2010, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by (951) Baby Shortee
One of the guys in my club has one and its allways giving him problems. Were allways clowning on him. Not sure what year it is tho.
Hmm..really? Possibly it is pre-06? Heard they were literal crap before 06 and then BAM..a work of art...If it is an 06+ I'd like to know what issues he's having..

Old 09-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that he was having alot of electrical issues. It would die on him in the middle of rides. There were times when were about to go ride, and bam, no starty..... Lately I guess its been good, well see how long that lasts.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Don't get me wrong..I love our I4's...but why do you say that? The I3 in these 675's produces more torque and HP in all ranges, and in a more linear fashion than our bikes..unfortunately
Really? It's a slightly bigger cc and up-to-date with the newest technology. Ofcourse its going to be better but its barely better at that. If I wanted performance there is no way in hell I'd be buying an I3 bike in the 21st century. If I wanted craftsmanship I would be buying a Ducati, which also is a king in the performance department, even if its 2 cylinders.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm picking up a daytona next season. They are beautiful strong machines.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Below is a great real life difference between the F4i and 675 from a guy whose had both..

From what I've read, the common issues are a small battery that dies often, rectifier issues (so electrical like you stated babyshorty)..the valves need adjusting quite often, a hot seat, NOT a comfortable street bike/stance with very tight suspension ='s not fun/stable with bumpy conditions..and EXUP (some exhaust valve issue)(opens/closes based on throttle response for torque/back pressure)

"I put 30k miles on my F4i before selling it and now I have 14k miles on my 675 so far.

It'll feel a bit weird at first, the riding position is much more extreme on the 675, the F4i has a very comfortable position for a sport bike. Also the 675 will feel super narrow and super tall. All easy things to get used to.

Like others have said, the powerband on the Triumph is much stronger down low than the F4i. The Honda is know for having good midrange for a 600, but the Triumph blows it away. Also the 675 is much smoother in the on-off throttle transition. That was a problem with the early fuel injection that the F4i had. When I had both bikes (before the F4i sold) I thought it maybe FELT like the F4i was faster, but that's only because there's more of a rush at the top end. The power hits hard up top so it feels like all of the sudden you're hauling ***. The Daytona is actually faster, but because the powerband is smoother there's not as much "hit" or "rush". The brakes on the 675 are AMAZING. I had steel braided lines and good pads on my F4i and the Daytona blows that bike away! You'll find yourself doing small accidental stoppies if you're braking hard. The suspension is stiffer on the Triumph, so again you're losing comfort but gaining handling. The 675 is like a scalpul, and it seems to turn in telepathicaly! You think and look where you want to go and boom you're already there! 8)

And while not really a technical detail... but the SOUND! Oh the sound!! The triple has a very unique exhaust and intake note. It makes inline 4 cyl bikes seem very boring in comparison.

As far as reliability... I have 14,000+ miles on mine and the only problem I've had is a dead intake air temp sensor. The dealership replaced it under warranty and did the fuel pump relay recal at the same time and I had the bike back in a day. Awesome."

Old 09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Why is this in the f4i forum?

Quick Reply: Daytona triple 675's