CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Day of purchase and now..pics of my progress (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/day-purchase-now-pics-my-progress-110700/)

600F4inoober 05-16-2010 12:22 AM

Day of purchase and now..pics of my progress

10 Attachment(s)
Well after a long day of working on the miss's, and after my sprocket ate my middle knuckle (literally, while breaking loose the sprocket housing bolts my hand slipped and the sprocket ate my middle bird fingers knuckle for lunch...I probably need stitches:icon_doh::icon_no: I know I know I shoulda been wearing gloves) Anyway, I washed and degreased the entire bike. Cleaned the chain and sprocket and degreased the chain housing and guard etc...Let me tell you, the last owner NEVER cleaned this chain/housing/sprocket and they were CAKED with gooey grease. Besides the degreasing and washing, We installed the new rims and tires.

I bought the new rims for $200 and paid $250 for the mount and balance of the new pilot powers. The next day I sold the existing rims/tires on the bike for $100 so overall I paid $350 for brand new rims and tires! Im glad it worked out and I still cant believe HOW it worked out that well:icon_hyper::icon_playing:

This is what the bike looked like before I purchased it..it had been sitting and had possibly never been washed/degreased or taken care of cosmetic-wise.

Attachment 55957
Attachment 55958
Attachment 55959

After.

Attachment 55960
Attachment 55961
Attachment 55962
Attachment 55963
Attachment 55964
Attachment 55965

My bootleg slip on should be here someday next week as well as my flush mount turn signals in smoke.:icon_angel:
Attachment 55966

andymp3 05-16-2010 12:27 AM

Congrats....Nice ride...May I ask why you bought new rims? Were they bent? Cause it seems you bought the exact same rims?? I figured they were aftermarket or chrome...then came the pics and no difference...?? Still though...nice bike and hope you have fun...Cheers...Andy

600F4inoober 05-16-2010 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by andymp3 (Post 921615)
Congrats....Nice ride...May I ask why you bought new rims? Were they bent? Cause it seems you bought the exact same rims?? I figured they were aftermarket or chrome...then came the pics and no difference...?? Still though...nice bike and hope you have fun...Cheers...Andy

The front rim was dented on the lip and I knew it needed to be replaced eventually. I needed new tires and there was no way I was puttin new tires on that bent rim. The guy would not part with just the front so I took both and ended up selling my existing rims to another buyer. So essentially, I got 2 brand new stock rims for $100:icon_teeth:

bakesf4i 05-16-2010 12:31 AM

noice...undertail and some flush mounts and you'll be looking fresh.

andymp3 05-16-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober (Post 921616)
The front rim was dented on the lip and I knew it needed to be replaced eventually. I needed new tires and there was no way I was puttin new tires on that bent rim. The guy would not part with just the front so I took both and ended up selling my existing rims to another buyer. So essentially, I got 2 brand new stock rims for $100:icon_teeth:

Sounds good...You should strip and polish the lips on the rims...I love the look...did it to mine and it is quite easy to keep clean compared to polished wheels...or maybe some red rim strips...Well off to bed...Gona go for a 600km ride tomorrow...Big group ride...Again congrats....The F4i is suck a nice bike...

markizzy 05-16-2010 01:53 AM

sorry if im wrong but did u juz put tireshine on ur tires?

600F4inoober 05-16-2010 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by markizzy (Post 921633)

No. just a little of my spit

__Z__ 05-16-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by markizzy (Post 921633)

he mentioned he got new tires.... And the tread is obv. Different...

kowen1208 05-16-2010 11:31 AM

Good work. I would give mine a thorough bath, too, if I could stand to not ride it for a day. :D

__Z__ 05-16-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by kowen1208 (Post 921724)
Good work. I would give mine a thorough bath, too, if I could stand to not ride it for a day. :D

try like 9 months of not being able to ride and then u know how i feel lol :icon_doh: