F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

damn winter

Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Default damn winter

depressing...supposed to possibly snow wednesday or thursday...guess it's time to park the bike in the garage for a while...back to the little truck

btw for those of you riding in the cold i found a good way to help stay warm is buy the starter gear from wal mart...i picked up their dri star under armor wanna be stuff and worked great...also got some windbreaker pants and jacket which also worked great...just my

Old 11-01-2011, 12:46 AM

whats winter?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 AM

meanwhile in Los Angeles 80f morning and 50f nights...and the most brutal and blind drivers in the world.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Winter is on its way. December 22 is the first day.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by 96shox View Post
meanwhile in Los Angeles 80f morning and 50f nights...and the most brutal and blind drivers in the world.
Yup. Great weather, ****ty drivers. Have to take the good with the bad to ride year round.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:52 PM

coldest i have rode in so far is 25...our high is like 50 lol...if it wasnt for snow i'd ride all the time...the cold dont bother me

Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2

Ditto, here. I road regularly in 28 degree last year, plan to do it again this season.

Cold riding is excellent stuff, think about it...The air is super dense, the engine is
pulling all the oxygen it wants. Conversly you are shedding heat at maximum rate as
well, so the engine can really spin up. Tire traction is not an issue on dry pavement if
you give it, maybe, an extra couple of miles to ensure they've heated up properly.

The trees have dropped their folage, so visibility is farther than summer-time.
Critters are more 'hunkered down', so less chance of random encounters on that front.

It just seems more "intimate', for lack of a better word. The cold seems to drive me to
a tighter focus.

When I first started riding, it was my only transportation. So I started out as a all
year round rider by neccessity. After a few years, I finally had aquired the full gear
needed, to easily stay warm and ride. That's when I started digging it.

I've never looked back, been in cold/sleet/snow/hail/rain so hard CARS were pulling
over. I live in Oklahoma, after all. They all offer a unique challenge. Getting older
now, so I'll forgo most of the percipitation stuff, but just the temp don't bother me.

I've been scoping out a heated vest and glove liners, Gerbing seems to be the
industry standard's top contender.

Ern

Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM

I know how you feel, it snowed here the other night. They salted the roads so much that the black top is now white so I think it's time to winterize the bike and start the winter projects. It was about 60 today but because of all the salt on the road I don't want to ride anymore.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Same here in central mass 13" ....so winterizing it is....winter projects here we go.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

I personally don't mind the cold air of winter but I don't ride when it is below freezing because of lack of traction. When those rubber tires are cold it is like riding on slick pavement. It's really not any fun to have to ride like you're straddling a moped.

I ride my pedal bike in all kinds of weather and freezing temps but not my CBR.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: damn winter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.