F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Damn Maryland Inspection lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Damn Maryland Inspection lol

yea if anyone needs to get an inspection deff take it to harley cause they dont really care bout street bikes... i live in hagerstown and i took mine out to harley and got it inspected. it was a younger guy andi talked to him and he said that just so everything works that it passes. after market anything doesnt matter(cause they dont really know what is and what isnt) and it was $10 cheaper then everywhere else!!! good luck on getting you bike on the road man.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:51 PM

Id sat try somewhere else. I have frinds in MD that will do it. PM me

Old 06-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC you can take the bike back w/o paying an extra fee if you correct the items. Why keep going from place to place only to have someone else find something new.

Which Harley place you go to? Clinton, Laurel, or Annapolis?

Old 06-09-2008, 03:43 AM

I went to the Harley Davidson of Washington D.C. since it's just down the road. I know someone there that could inspect it, the problem is I caught him at a bad time, and some guy did a quick pre-inspection and already had doubts about my bike passing, and I wasn't totally sure if the guy I knew would end up inspecting so I cancelled...

So at the moment I got an inspection pending at Clinton Cycle lol... However, on the bill they said depending on what they could charge extra, I'm pretty fed up with them though at this point lol...

Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM
WOT

I live in MD and wouldn't recommend going to a bike shop. They are more likely to nickle and dime for BS.

If you can, go to Potomac, MD to the Potomac Amoco station... on the corner of Falls road and River road. I have taken about 5 bikes to him. The guy used to race bikes and is cool as hell. Of course you have to pay again if you take it somewhere else.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

meh i rode a year and a half with my plates expired because im lazy they are good now though,

as for my F4i's inspection? I'v never done it since I bought the bike bran new in 05, been pulled over maybe 5 times cops have never asked once.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:00 PM

I wouldn't care about getting my bike inspected except for the fact that I need to get it inspected to get my bike fully registered, since I'm switching my NY stuff to MD. I'll have to check that place out, I wont care about paying another 60 as long as it gets done lol.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
WOT

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...p;t=h&z=19

Ask for Rick: 301-299-8400

Old 06-10-2008, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: WOT

I live in MD and wouldn't recommend going to a bike shop. They are more likely to nickle and dime for BS.

If you can, go to Potomac, MD to the Potomac Amoco station... on the corner of Falls road and River road. I have taken about 5 bikes to him. The guy used to race bikes and is cool as hell. Of course you have to pay again if you take it somewhere else.
Potomac is most famous inspection place in MD. My bike passed the inspection with no tag light...etc. & they are cheap too.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
WOT

Yeah, they are "fair", no BS.

I used to work at a shop in Gaithersburg and we would sell people reflective tape for $5 if they didn't have the stock reflectors. [:@]

Quick Reply: Damn Maryland Inspection lol