F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

DAMN COPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DAMN COPS!!!

ORIGINAL: jmdaley

They probably even have it on camera...depending where you live...that way you can see exactly what happened. I respect cops in principle, but haven't had very good experiences with them either...mostly they are just dicks. I've heard of some that aren't, but haven't really met any yet.
jmdaley...nice to meet you. There you go, now you"ve met one who's not a dick. Don't let a few ******** ruin the image of the rest of us, all cops aren't that bad. And the one who touched Foz's bike should have to pay for it.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM

He probably didn't mean to do it, but you need to get the video and get it paid for by the department. IMO, you should have left the bike down and asked him to call his supervisor. If he refused, call the department and ask to speak to a supervisor before he left. These things must be addressed immediately or you lessen your possibilities of recourse. Worst case scenario, call a relative and have them get you a lawyer while on scene.

Hating on the cops won't get you anywhere so do NOT make your feelings known. Be calm, be civil, and be polite and hopefully they will take care of you.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

ugh, FtP.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Wow, no sorry or anything.. That's just rude.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 PM

jmdaley...nice to meet you. There you go, now you"ve met one who's not a dick. Don't let a few ******** ruin the image of the rest of us, all cops aren't that bad. And the one who touched Foz's bike should have to pay for it.
I mean in person...

I wish it was only just a few...but it really does seem to be the majority. And it's not me...i'm always completely civil and polite and obliging in all respects, but other than one time (that i just now remember) i always get treated like i've committed a crime or something when i'm just a bystander or politely asking a question at an appropriate time. Even when they're being tough guys and yelling or bossing me around like i'm a felon i never respond in my own defense. But that doesn't seem to make a difference. I keep hoping that the next cop will be different, but after a couple of unpleasant experiences i just avoid them altogether now, if at all possible. I just keep thinking maybe this one is cool...but they never are.

I'd love to meet a cool cop...really i would. I know they're out there somewhere, but i've given up on it. If you're a cool cop, that's awesome and i wish you lived/worked around here.

And by cool i don't mean let people get away with stuff...i merely mean be nice to the people who haven't committed any crimes. That's all...don't treat me like a punk just because i ride a bike. Sheesh. I'm sorry if you're one of the cool cops who reads this thread...we know you're out there somewhere...but by this time most of us (even those of us who recognize that you have one hell of a tough job) have given up on ever finding them.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 AM

dude that sucks hard core man. i know there could be a couple of dick cops out there... and i wouldn't say just cops, it's people in general. i aint hating on cops or anything but people behind a badge and a gun think they have so much authority. dont get me wrong some cops are cool, i even have a couple of close buddies of mine who are part of the force and they even tell me they have ********* and ******** as colleagues. but all you cool cops or just cops out there, please do us all a favor instead of making yourself look good on here (the forums) and saying that not all cops are dicks, just go tell your ******** colleagues to stop treating people like ****... thanks!!!

sincerely
oodayvidoo

Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

please do us all a favor instead of making yourself look good on here (the forums) and saying that not all cops are dicks, just go tell your ******** colleagues to stop treating people like ****... thanks!!!
if it were only that easy...I work with guys who would write their own grandmother a ticket. I'm in a city with almost 30 thousand cops, most of whom could never be a cop in any other place, because they wouldn't pass the background investigation. Trust me, I know lots of cops are retards (at least here), but its like that in every profession. Its just seems worse with cops because when you deal with one, its usually because thay've stopped you for doing something wrong.Some guys just let the authority get into their heads and forget that they're regular people, with a slightly irregular job. And that's exactly what it is...a job. Lots of cops take it personal when someone breaks the law or does something stupid in front of them, so they act like you are a major criminal, and that's their fault, not yours!

Think about how many a-holes you deal with everyday, in all kinds of situations, and I think you'll see its a people thing not a police thing...

Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 AM

Good point, Squarebaj. It is a people thing...but with their additional authority cops also have the responsibility to use that authority properly. It sucks when you and i have bad days, but when a cop ha a 'bad day' and makess a bad decision, someone could get seriously hurt/screwed over and they can get away with it cause they're cops.

What city r u in, Square? (I understand if you don't want to say...but i am curious.)

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM

I would file the complaint, and try to get it resolved. I hope you don't have a goofy law in your state that basically says you created the situation by disobeying the law, and that it wouldn't have occured except for your actions. Thats the way it is in Indiana ( as far as impound rules are concerned). I also want to throw out to ya that you didn't have your bike parked in a safe manner. These are all things thyat they will throw at you. NOT my opinion so don't flame me out. I think you have a legit complaint, but I know how system works (here anyway).

Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: jmdaley

What city r u in, Square? (I understand if you don't want to say...but i am curious.)
New York City. Don't believe all the stuff you see on TV shows about how great the NYPD is...its just as messed up here as it is everywhere else in the world.

Quick Reply: DAMN COPS!!!