CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   D2 Moto quality worth the saved dollars? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/d2-moto-quality-worth-saved-dollars-130878/)

rooskiF4I 09-16-2011 09:55 PM

D2 Moto quality worth the saved dollars?

Hey guys,

New to the community, but been riding for some years... I had a F3 a few years ago, laid it down and just recently was able to get a "new" F4i and am loving it... Nothing like a CBR

Anyway, I bought it with a bent shift lever and a missing mirror. I came across D2 Moto while browsing around here so I took a look. Their prices are insanely cheap and pretty tempting, however I have to wonder if they're crap...

Have any of you had experience with their parts? If so, were you satisfied? How do they hold up?

I kind of have the feeling I should go ahead and spend the extra $$, but thought I would ask...

Thanks,

Mitchell

Also sorry if there's a thread to this already I searched a bit, read through the sticky and found no mention.

aurora_F4i 09-16-2011 10:05 PM

I bought some bar ends from them and they seem good.

vegas_rebel 09-16-2011 10:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have their integrated mirrors; they're so-so. Mostly they pivot around the mirror under highway speeds and fold back completely. I've tried to tighten everything, but there's no access to that area, so I tried to superglue it instead. One held, the other didn't. I think I can get it to work, but it's sort of a pain for a marginal price savings.

To be fair, D2 Moto's customer service email answered quickly and offered to refund my money if I returned the mirrors, so I think they're solid in that regard. I haven't seen any damage to the mirrors, and the LED turn signals are bright.

I had to buy a different set of screws to hold the base plates, so that was a couple bucks from Home Depot. The wiring was about what you'd expect, though the wires either need another hole drilled or to be looped around a bit of the nose fairing. I bought a couple bucks worth of heatshrink from the store to blend it in a bit better and protect the splices.

The mirrors seem like a solid product, just unfinished. If I can figure out the pivot problem, I think I have a solid pair of mirrors pieced together, and I probably came out a few bucks ahead, even though the process has been aggravating.

itlnF4I 09-16-2011 10:24 PM

anything ive gotten from them was worth the saved dollars

supersnake83 09-17-2011 07:47 AM

I've purchase bar ends, clutch and break handlbar levers and mirrors (all carbon fiber--of course it's not real) and they have all held up pretty well.

You should be able to find some coupons to get even further discounts.

KodaHarpole 10-04-2011 11:21 AM

Just ordered bar ends from Amazon from them. Stoked.