F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Crazy problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took it in to have a new front tire put on and a general overall inspection of the bike to see if anything else was wrong with it, only thing they came back with was brakes were low and chain needed to be tightend and lubed. Not sure how they managed to mess any of the wireing up.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 AM

thats and ecu prob. it sounds like its not completing it initialization sequence. if they dont fix it free try disconnecting your batt and recconecting it to reset it.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 AM

hm.. tell them to tell you exactly what the did to check your bike over. it sounds like somebody messed up a ground somewhere.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by james_hale2
thats and ecu prob. it sounds like its not completing it initialization sequence. if they dont fix it free try disconnecting your batt and recconecting it to reset it.
So you know for sure its an ECU problem?

Ive found some other people posting having the same problem on other forums but theres never any resoultion to it.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 PM

after trying all of the above, try searching for bank angle sensor or tip over sensor here in the forum.....i've read that it causes similar symptoms....just a guess on my part.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM

welp its in the hands of the shop now, just waiting to see what their verdict is on it. ...... :-/

Old 04-01-2010, 03:36 PM

ok when i say its an ecu prob i dont neccesarily mean that the ecu itself is bad but since it starts the ignition on sequence (counts down speedo, flashes lights, ect) and pauses with the light indicators that means it has either A) identified a problem(sensor out of norm) or B) ecu is faulty ( possibly made its own code conflict or lost part of its programming or "fried"). the reason I'm going with this instead of (example: BAS) is you said you started it, it ran, and then had this problem the next start. nothing about taking it apart, dropping it ect. but hay, anythings possible. I just wish i couldve let you know to scratch your initials in the old one not that the shop just cleans it resets it and charges you for a new one and 4 hours labor for a 20 min job. hope everything works out though so you can get back on the road.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM

ok i somewhat retract that last statement. i forgot you said the shop did an inspection which if done right they did disassemble it to check wires hose gaskets ect. it could just be a loose wire connection. i hope thats all it is that they didnt plug one ALL the way in.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM

I have read of this problem before.
The OP did solve the problem a few years ago. However i dont remember what exactly it was.

IIRC there was a problem with a short, near the fuse box area.
The main relay for most of the lights are in the fusebox there for the cluster.
Thats the only place i would think of where everything would go haywire
anywhere else would just pop fuse. Have a look there first and let me know what happens

Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 PM

btw, if you don't know fuse box is under the drivers seat on the clutch side its small.
Make sure nothing has burnt also make sure to not ground the starter relay.
I fried one doing that by accident.

enjoy good luck

Quick Reply: Crazy problem